Looking for first board/bindings/boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Corporation

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Looking for first board/bindings/boots

Hey guys,

Nice site you have here, lots of info.

I got bit by the bug. I am 6'3'' and about 260 lbs. I don't remember what size boot I wore last time I went, but I wear a size 14 shoe (hopefully that helps some). I won't be growing anymore. I have been snowboarding before but with HORRIBLE rental gear so I figured i would just go in and get some gear for myself for the next time I go. I will mostly be riding groomers and not trying rails or jumps until I feel more confident but try to get some powder time when I go on vacation because I live in Kansas. (Sucks trust me.)

I was looking at the 163 Rome Solution with the 390s and I'm not sure about boots. I want to go somewhere to try some on but I don't think we even have a ski/boarding shop around. I have been reading and you guys know your gear so I figured I would post and see what recommendations you had.

Last edited by Corporation; 05-12-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Corporation

Also would it be better or worse to have a directional board or a twin? I was also looking around and I saw DC had a BOA system with their boots. How is this sytem? It seems like it would break easy and not easy to repair.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Corporation

Yeah I am liking the Alibi as well, guess I will just see what kind of deals I can find since its off season, thanks for the help too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode