Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Setting up Rome Artifact (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/54818-setting-up-rome-artifact.html)

xxmmawarriorxx 01-14-2013 03:19 PM

Setting up Rome Artifact

3 Attachment(s)
So I purchased the Rome artifact rocker 155 wide and got it today. Also purchased the Mob Boss bindings. So This is the first time setting up a snowboard and have some issues with the overhang on the board. Also I wanted to know, I got another pair of boots and they are just a tad small, my big toe gets pressure on it and makes it uncomfortable to ride, but the boot is a little smaller and seems to fit in the bindings better. Question is will heel lift inserts increase room in the toe area to make them more comfortable?

Attachment 10178

Attachment 10186

Attachment 10194

Is this okay?

xxmmawarriorxx 01-14-2013 03:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Top of board pics

Attachment 10202

Attachment 10210

arrrmaty 01-14-2013 03:42 PM

It would be better if we could also see a picture showing the top of the board, but from what you provided it looks like there is way more toe overhang than heel overhand. i know it looks centered to you, but the heel cup is higher off the board and so doesn't usually come in contact with the snow unless you are pretty much laying on the snow. Strap your boot into you binding (without your foot in it) and see if the heel of your boot actually hangs over at all, my guess is that it will not. You want to center your BOOT overhang, not your binding overhang (that is, you want the same amount of your boot hanging over each edge, not necessarily your binding). I hope that makes sense

Sorry, I started responding before you posted the top of the board pics, but my advice is still valid- you need to move your bindings more toward the heelside and check have equal boot (not binding) overhang

xxmmawarriorxx 01-14-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrmaty (Post 580994)
It would be better if we could also see a picture showing the top of the board, but from what you provided it looks like there is way more toe overhang than heel overhand. i know it looks centered to you, but the heel cup is higher off the board and so doesn't usually come in contact with the snow unless you are pretty much laying on the snow. Strap your boot into you binding (without your foot in it) and see if the heel of your boot actually hangs over at all, my guess is that it will not. You want to center your BOOT overhang, not your binding overhang (that is, you want the same amount of your boot hanging over each edge, not necessarily your binding). I hope that makes sense

Sorry, I started responding before you posted the top of the board pics, but my advice is still valid- you need to move your bindings more toward the heelside and check have equal boot (not binding) overhang

Yeah I just put the boot in and laid it on the carpet and did a pretend toe side turn by picking the board up on the side, too much overhand the dam padding hits the ground real quick. Going to change up now. Do you know anything about the heel lift inserts I mention before?