Sent my board to burton for warranty - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
jjz

Default Sent my board to burton for warranty

At the beginning of the year i purchased a 3 year old brand new Burton Jeremy jones for 200 bucks.

The top sheet was peeling off severely in mutiple places so i sent it back to burton. I would have repaired it with epoxy but ive never seen a top sheet come off like this with out any trauma. It was coming off significantly in 4 spots.

I called burton before hand and the guy said that Repairing boards is almost never done and they will almost certainly call me to figure out what board theyre going to send me as they wont have any of the same model to send.

Has anyone here ever been in a similiar situation, what type of choices did they give you regarding boards.

PS: if you ever need to ship a snowboard, instead of paying 20 bucks for a box, go to a snowboard store and ask if they have any left over. Saved 20 bucks today like that.

Last edited by jjz; 01-14-2013 at 08:22 PM.
jjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I just warrantied two older jackets this year through Burton. They gave me a choice to select any two items in the same price range. I got full retail value for my warrantied coats even though I bought them both on sale at the time.

I walked away with a jacket and pants instead of two coats again. Both of which also have a lifetime warranty.

Very pleased with their service as I had genuine manufacturer malfunctions. They might also give you store credit so you can go on their site and get whatever you want with it.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

sent in my custom superfly 2

they sent back a custom flying v
gstar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I just warrantied two older jackets this year through Burton. They gave me a choice to select any two items in the same price range. I got full retail value for my warrantied coats even though I bought them both on sale at the time.

I walked away with a jacket and pants instead of two coats again. Both of which also have a lifetime warranty.

Very pleased with their service as I had genuine manufacturer malfunctions. They might also give you store credit so you can go on their site and get whatever you want with it.

What was wrong with the jackets?
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjz View Post
At the beginning of the year i purchased a 3 year old brand new Burton Jeremy jones for 200 bucks.

The top sheet was peeling off severely in mutiple places so i sent it back to burton. I would have repaired it with epoxy but ive never seen a top sheet come off like this with out any trauma. It was coming off significantly in 4 spots.

I called burton before hand and the guy said that Repairing boards is almost never done and they will almost certainly call me to figure out what board theyre going to send me as they wont have any of the same model to send.

Has anyone here ever been in a similiar situation, what type of choices did they give you regarding boards.

PS: if you ever need to ship a snowboard, instead of paying 20 bucks for a box, go to a snowboard store and ask if they have any left over. Saved 20 bucks today like that.
Not necessarily true on the box thing. I shipped out two boards recently. Sport Chalet did hook it up for free, but a local store Skipro (which bums me out because I'd prefer to shop there but they nickle and dime me every time) charged me ten bucks a box.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
What was wrong with the jackets?
Both had magnet closures. The 2007 TWC Jacket of Gods wasn't able to be closed because all three of the magnets fell inside the jacket.

The magnet on the pockets of my TWC Noble Gentleman fell inside as well. This jacket also had two cloth loop closures, once of which came off on one end.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

You will either get the exact same model, comparable model, or price equivalent . If you sent a receipt too, then maybe price. They are usually pretty rad about anything warranty unless you are asshole or greedy.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
jjz

Burton has been very good to me in the past, theyve sent me j bars and m6 hardware just like that, and the guy on the phone was very nice and not impossible to talk to like most warranty guys.

My only concern is i spent 200 bucks on the board, but it retailed at 500 - 700 here in canada when it was first released. I sent the proof of purchase, so they know i only paid 200 bucks. Im sure they will be reasonable though.
jjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

I sent in a Floater 163, they sent back a Canyon 167 after getting my consent. Win Win for me.
longboardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

I sent in a 2010 Burton T6, got back a 2011 Burton T7... Same price point, worked for me! Was very pleased with their warranty service.

Mine was also a genuine issue. Had the board out for a few runs on hardpack and the black pads started to peel off right away. No issues replacing it!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote