Buying First Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying First Board

Hey guys. I'm real new to snowboarding, and actually last summer managed to pick up a used Ride Timeless 159 with Ride SPI bindings from a friend for $25. After a ride or two on that, realized it's definitely too stiff and advanced for a new rider like me. I think I'm going to hang on to the bindings, but I'm looking for buy a more beginner-oriented board to learn on.

I was hoping to get some opinions on my options. I'd been looking at the Rossi Trickstick, Sapient Evolution, Artec Novus, and Forum Dreamboat, among others. I'm 5'11 and weigh about 190. I wear a size 10.5 boot, and I'm looking to All-Mountain with a bit of Park, and hoping to spend about 200.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Hykosis Fury; 01-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Hykosis Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bumpage.
Hykosis Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykosis Fury View Post
Hey guys. I'm real new to snowboarding, and actually last summer managed to pick up a used Ride Timeless 159 with Ride SPI bindings from a friend for $25. After a ride or two on that, realized it's definitely too stiff and advanced for a new rider like me. I think I'm going to hang on to the bindings, but I'm looking for buy a more beginner-oriented board to learn on.

I was hoping to get some opinions on my options. I'd been looking at the Rossi Trickstick, Sapient Evolution, Artec Novus, and Forum Dreamboat, among others. I'm 5'11 and weigh about 190. I wear a size 10.5 boot, and I'm looking to All-Mountain with a bit of Park, and hoping to spend about 200.

Thanks guys!
Yeah, your right that timeless is a sweet board but not the best for a beginner at all. Your gonna love that thing though when you get a little better and put it in the right conditions. Until then if you want something a little more forgiving to learn on but good enough to have plenty of room to progress. I'd try something like these Rossi's, this time of year is not the best to find deals. But luckily for you there are still some steals.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards..._158_Image.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkW2eODtsTQ

You'll love this board, fits your description to tee but you can also have a little room to grow into this instead of wanting to upgrade after a few trips. Good for a beginner but also good enough for the Pro's.. Not to mention they made way to many of them cause of the Good Wood awards so they are cheap as hell. Also the graphic in the picture doesn't do it justice, I've seen this board in person, the graphic is a head turner. That yellow is actually sparkly Gold. Says intermediate to advanced but I'm tellin you for a fact this is a sweet board to get started on and keep learning on. It's 2 hundred something but you get an extra 20% off at check out, so you'll have it shipping included around $185. Its a mid-wide, they have the regular, but for a large beginner with a little bit larger feet such as your self i'd go with the mid-wide. It's not a wide, it's a mid-wide (tiny bit wider for a little extra stability.)

http://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards..._158_Image.jpg

I have this one myself and it would also be a great beginner board and is a sweet deal. It is more goin more toward the playful park side of things and less all mountain than the Angus but will still mess the whole mountain up.

Last edited by RockSteady; 01-18-2013 at 12:48 AM.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote