Boot sizing (DC, Rome, Forum, etc.) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Default Boot sizing (DC, Rome, Forum, etc.)

I'm forced to buy boots online, without trying them on, since I live too far south. I know this is the cardinal sin of buying boots, but I have no choice. My question is this, how do different brands size their boots? I've heard/read DC's are always .5 - 1 size smaller, so get a size higher than your shoes. Can you guys help me out with this list? (BTW, I wear a size 11.5 - 12 shoe).

DC: Get .5 - 1 size larger, ie. 12.5 - 13

Forum:

Rome:

Vans:

Burton:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Alright guys, how about just listing what size shoe you wear and the brand/size boot you wear, pretty please!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

My post is Burton Moto's my normal size is 10.5(rarely a 10) and the Burton boots are size 11 and it's a nice perfect fit. The boots are on the stiff side and might be uncomfortable when riding for prolong times, another thing I would not like to hike in these boots either.

I can also help you out with Thoris boots, he has Salomon boots, not sure about the model. His foot size is a 10.5 and the boots are 10.5, I have tried them on and they fit pretty nice. The one thing I noticed about the Salomon boots is that they are INSANE COMFORTABLE, you could wear those boots all day long for weeks and your feet would not be blame you for it. They are much softer than my Moto's are. I think next time I buy boots, I will look into Salomon's.

Snowolf has been in a quest of finding the perfect boot, so he might have a lot of useful information, about brands and sizing.

Good luck on your quest for boots. remember to buy it from a place that offers returns just in case, and check that they will cover the costs for shipping both ways.

Hope this helps
Old 05-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Thanks Simply, I really appreciate the input.

More, more, more!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I normally wear 9.5 shoes (New Balance 473's) and wear a 10 Burton Freestyle, but its just a tad big. Shoudl have gone 9.5 but was tight when I tried.

My borther wears 11 regular, 11 in burton freestyles.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

No problem.

Just a note do not leave Salomon out of your search, those boots are heave for your feet. They are so smooth, granted I never actually ridden them, but I walked plenty with them. I know they are mainly a skiing company and we have to hate them skiers , but they make some amazing snowboarding boots.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Gustov

i have some salomons and i wear size 12. i've worn size 12 shoes, work boots, everything, for a couple years now and the boots fit perfectly. very comfortable. sometimes they can be annoying at the beginning of the day, but after a little adjusting on the hill they feel great. i've heard that salomons are narrow, but i have wide feet and they fit fine, i guess they just broke in nicely.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Simply, I will definitely look at Salomon, thanks.
Wolf, I checked out a couple pairs of my boots and they're 11 and 11.5. Most of my shoes are 11.5 and 12. I guess 11.5 is a good number to go with, right?

This is what we've got so far:

Burton: Get true size - .5 larger
Vans: Get .5 smaller
DC: Get true size - .5 – 1 larger
Salomon: Get true size
Rome:

I'd love to have more people chime in to get a more definite consensus, even if you have boots that are already given sizes for.

Last edited by NickNorth11; 05-19-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

I dropped from a US 11 to a 10.5 in my Vans Danny Kass, that was to get a perfect fit. They killed me for a week and now they're like a slipper.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Well guys, I'm pretty sure I've settled on the Salomon F20's. (Thanks again Simply)
I'd like to get a couple more people telling me about how their salomons fit compared to their shoe size if possible.