Which companies (brands) have faster bases? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
 
redlude97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle/Portland
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post


Let me explain this to you instead of arguing in one line sentences like yourself my friend.
What your saying is like saying how big a car is, is more important to its movement then it having spinning wheels. Like wax the wheel was the incredible invention that kept momentum and gained speed down hill. How is a vehicle suppose to break friction and gain speed at any size without spinning rubber tires are the equivalent to your wax on your board. This is the only thing for the board that's touching snow to start breaking friction and carry speed. Whether you push a large or a small object down hill they will both have the ability to move very fast with spinning tires on axel on ground or surface wax on snow. Large or small a snowboard with a sweet wax job will fly. Take the Wax off a board or remove tires from a vehicle, no matter what the size it is, it will barely move.
This is why Snowboarder's and Skier's have what are called wax techs not board size techs. Although I'm in no way saying surface area and size donesn't matter, I'm just saying nothing's moving with much speed on snow with out something to help break friction touching the the snow.
Except you are wrong. Maybe try this. Ride a 150 and a 160 of the same board and straigtline it. Which one do you think will be faster? Even the 160 without wax will likely be faster than the 150 with wax. The gains from waxing in most conditions are marginal.

As to which boards have the fastest bases? IME Bataleon TBT bases are the fastest. Not because of material but because of the camber+TBT. Almost no drag in the snow=straightline rocket.
redlude97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Shops are in the business to create revenue. A good way to create revenue is to sell goods and services to people even if they don't need them. This is especially true if you need to pay for specialty equipment like base grinders and sturcturing tools.
This is a naive response.

The guys at Vancouver Ski and Board services sell what you need, not what they can get away with.

I've had structuring done there and the result was a definite improvement.

No doubt these services got oversold but real shops won't scam you. I've had other shops in Ontario tell me no need to sharpen, we'll just wax it, save you some money. I return to those shops because I trust them.
Lamps is offline  
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Member
 
jdthai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
...As to which boards have the fastest bases? IME Bataleon TBT bases are the fastest. Not because of material but because of the camber+TBT. Almost no drag in the snow=straightline rocket.
I can attest to this.
Although I've only ridden a handful of boards, when I took my Lobster Jib Board out for the first time (also TBT) I couldn't believe the speed. Could be a coincidence, but it was a huge difference!
jdthai is offline  
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Except you are wrong. Maybe try this. Ride a 150 and a 160 of the same board and straigtline it. Which one do you think will be faster? Even the 160 without wax will likely be faster than the 150 with wax. The gains from waxing in most conditions are marginal.

As to which boards have the fastest bases? IME Bataleon TBT bases are the fastest. Not because of material but because of the camber+TBT. Almost no drag in the snow=straightline rocket.
^^ This, its simple common sense.

my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline  
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
StrattonRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wall, NJ and Stratton, VT
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i know that Never summer makes some pretty damn fast boards.
StrattonRider is offline  
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
^^ This, its simple common sense.
First your so wrong man...some conditions a snowboard wont even move without wax...Dude your so uneducated on snowboarding, have you ever heard of or rode an Oxess, Kesser, donek, Prior or SG..these are the fastest, haha
You just showed your grasp of snowboarding knowledge saying Bataleon's are the fastest...You must be joking...I hope you understand they make these things called race/BX boards.
RockSteady is offline  
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Except you are wrong. Maybe try this. Ride a 150 and a 160 of the same board and straigtline it. Which one do you think will be faster? Even the 160 without wax will likely be faster than the 150 with wax. The gains from waxing in most conditions are marginal.

As to which boards have the fastest bases? IME Bataleon TBT bases are the fastest. Not because of material but because of the camber+TBT. Almost no drag in the snow=straightline rocket.
You grab your Bataleon I will grab my Tiny ass Oxess and lets see who wins...for you to say Bataleons are fastest...hmm why do no BX's use them, I only see SG, Donek, Oxess and last but not least Kessler. As far as the more commercial boards go, I bet you anything a Custom X will smoke a Bataleon. Bataleon has patened side ways rocker that's not gonna speed you up.
RockSteady is offline  
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
You grab your Bataleon I will grab my Tiny ass Oxess and lets see who wins...for you to say Bataleons are fastest...hmm why do no BX's use them, I only see SG, Donek, Oxess and last but not least Kessler. As far as the more commercial boards go, I bet you anything a Custom X will smoke a Bataleon. Bataleon has patened side ways rocker that's not gonna speed you up.
As soon as you loser's enter a race or pony up money for racing knowing the only way your gonna see a return on investment is winning. Then come talk to me. I can tell very clearly by your guys posts that you wouldn't know the first thing about wax and racing. Until you do, stop talking like you know anything about having the fastest board.

--Opinions were once statements to open discussion. Now opinions are proclamations that turn into nothing. Opinions were once seldom and used for production. Now everyone has an opinion, but what happens, is nothing.
RockSteady is offline  
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Except you are wrong. Maybe try this. Ride a 150 and a 160 of the same board and straigtline it. Which one do you think will be faster? Even the 160 without wax will likely be faster than the 150 with wax. The gains from waxing in most conditions are marginal.

As to which boards have the fastest bases? IME Bataleon TBT bases are the fastest. Not because of material but because of the camber+TBT. Almost no drag in the snow=straightline rocket.
Not really...

Waxing is a freaking science and racers do it for a reason. The difference between each type of wax might be marginal, but waxing overall IS NOT marginal.

Are you saying that your unwaxed sintered base is only going to be marginally slower than when waxed?

I have not tried TBT yet... closest I've tried to that is the Combo Platter from Forum. I do agree with you that base shape makes a big difference though. Wax does too.

www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
^^ This, its simple common sense.
"Hybrid high-fluoro wax's for ski and snowboard racing will put racers on the winner's podium. It is the difference in keeping up with the fastest board in the world. Easy to apply wax."

NATE HOLLAND---------Most winning BX racer in history

"A ski that has not been waxed will be slow. You might find yourself catching an edge in certain snow conditions."

Daron Rhalves--------Most winning ski racer in American history

I know and have raced along both of these dudes at the Rhalves Banzai
RockSteady is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome