Which companies (brands) have faster bases? - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
CK93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 98
Cool

Got some good reading here. Thanks all for the suggestions. I looked at the Bataleon site. They look very interesting. Haven't heard much about them though. Maybe I can find a demo. I would be interested to see how they ride.

But yeah, to give a little background. I bought the Custom X. 2 days up and I soon learned that board is very advanced. (and it lets you know it).

I was a pretty good rider for the 20 years. I could hold my own. But I had 2 leg surgeries and 2 back surgeries recently and have been out of boarding for 5 years. I had to let my body completely heal. This is my first year back into it.

I bought the Custom X cause I was used to full Camber and thought it was a good board. It is a great board, but learned I have lost a lot of skill and my body is older. (learned my lesson to not get such a high performance board of the bat as I am re-learning) I wanted to try this new hybrid style of board so I got the Hot Knife as a starter to help get used to try a full hybrid.

Doing more research, I don't know if a full hybrid is what I want or not. (yes I have read a lot of camber vs hybrid reviews) Still trying to a find a real good fit to what feels good for me.

But I can tell you what I do want is a board with a little faster base so I don't have to unstrap and push my board when I hit flat spots, that has happened a few times with my Hot Knife. I am not disappointed with the Hot Knife. I am going to give it a good waxing with some high speed type wax and see if that does the trick.

But I still haven't found the board I am totally happy with. When I hone my skills more, I will go back to my Custom X, but still looking for the board that puts a total smile on my face, and, I do like trying out different boards so when I do get the board I am going to stick with for while, I know its the best choice for me.

And yes I do read all the posts. It helps give me a sense of what works best and gives me more stuff to research--I am a research junkie. Plus its fun to watch people go at it! ..... haha

Last edited by CK93; 01-16-2013 at 11:13 PM.
CK93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
Got some good reading here. Thanks all for the suggestions. I looked at the Bataleon site. They look very interesting. Haven't heard much about them though. Maybe I can find a demo. I would be interested to see how they ride.

But yeah, to give a little background. I bought the Custom X. 2 days up and I soon learned that board is very advanced. (and it lets you know it).

I was a pretty good rider for the 20 years. I could hold my own. But I had 2 leg surgeries and 2 back surgeries recently and have been out of boarding for 5 years. I had to let my body completely heal. This is my first year back into it.

I bought the Custom X cause I was used to full Camber and thought it was a good board. It is a great board, but learned I have lost a lot of skill and my body is older. (learned my lesson to not get such a high performance board of the bat as I am re-learning) I wanted to try this new hybrid style of board so I got the Hot Knife as a starter to help get used to try a full hybrid.

Doing more research, I don't know if a full hybrid is what I want or not. (yes I have read a lot of camber vs hybrid reviews) Still trying to a find a real good fit to what feels good for me.

But I can tell you what I do want is a board with a little faster base so I don't have to unstrap and push my board when I hit flat spots, that has happened a few times with my Hot Knife. I am not disappointed with the Hot Knife. I am going to give it a good waxing with some high speed type wax and see if that does the trick.

But I still haven't found the board I am totally happy with. When I hone my skills more, I will go back to my Custom X, but still looking for the board that puts a total smile on my face, and, I do like trying out different boards so when I do get the board I am going to stick with for while, I know its the best choice for me.

And yes I do read all the posts. It helps give me a sense of what works best and gives me more stuff to research--I am a research junkie. Plus its fun to watch people go at it! ..... haha
HAHA, I'll trade you, I'm a board rep
Send me that (if it's in good shape) Custom X, and I'll send you any Rossignol brand new hybrid board that is fun to learn on but can do anything.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
First your so wrong man...some conditions a snowboard wont even move without wax...Dude your so uneducated on snowboarding, have you ever heard of or rode an Oxess, Kesser, donek, Prior or SG..these are the fastest, haha
You just showed your grasp of snowboarding knowledge saying Bataleon's are the fastest...You must be joking...I hope you understand they make these things called race/BX boards.
God you're a fuckhole aren't you, instead of taking snippits of what people say how bout you answer what is relevant, you know, like what i wrote in the previous post. I never said a bataleon was the fastest board, i was pointing out that the boards profile has more to do with speed than wax. AS I HAVE SAID 3 TIMES.

Good for you you big shot, you're my hero i wish i could have been a hardboot racer, you must be a fucking legend, please where do i sign up for your fan page? do you do autographs??? I'd love to see you ride in your spandex.

Stick to sucking alpine racers off douche, and if you are a board rep which i highly doubt then god help the people you offer advice to.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Not really...

Waxing is a freaking science and racers do it for a reason. The difference between each type of wax might be marginal, but waxing overall IS NOT marginal.

Are you saying that your unwaxed sintered base is only going to be marginally slower than when waxed?

I have not tried TBT yet... closest I've tried to that is the Combo Platter from Forum. I do agree with you that base shape makes a big difference though. Wax does too.
Leo, i think you may be mistaken. He is the one arguing that base shape does not affect a boards speed as much as a fresh wax job does. And as soon as someone argued the point he seems to have changed his point of view to suit.

Im with you, wax makes a small difference, the big factor is the shape of the board and the camber profile. Which is exactly what i said t begin with, i have no idea what this dude is on.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner View Post
Ive only ridding a gnu riders choice once, but I have a TRS on the way(should be here in a week!!), but riding the gnu, i may agree with you.

the banana tech + magna trx gave me a mega quick responsive feel. But to really barrel down the straights, i had a feeling it was going to take some time to dial in pressure just right to get it to fly.

I hear the sintered base on the TRS is quite fast. I got a 155, and Im coming from a burton supermodel 159. I anticipate some serious speed drop at first, but with some days together Im sure we'll be rippin down right.
TRS doesn't have a sintered base. Doesn't come in 155 either.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
God you're a fuckhole aren't you, instead of taking snippits of what people say how bout you answer what is relevant, you know, like what i wrote in the previous post. I never said a bataleon was the fastest board, i was pointing out that the boards profile has more to do with speed than wax. AS I HAVE SAID 3 TIMES.

Good for you you big shot, you're my hero i wish i could have been a hardboot racer, you must be a fucking legend, please where do i sign up for your fan page? do you do autographs??? I'd love to see you ride in your spandex.

Stick to sucking alpine racers off douche, and if you are a board rep which i highly doubt then god help the people you offer advice to.
Ive never used hard boots, lol, you really are ignorant...the banzai is who ever gets to the bottom first race, no spandex, no hard boots and it's widely considered one of the most dangerous races. lol. I cant remember the last time I saw a BX'er with hard boots. Truly ignorant
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Leo, i think you may be mistaken. He is the one arguing that base shape does not affect a boards speed as much as a fresh wax job does. And as soon as someone argued the point he seems to have changed his point of view to suit.

Im with you, wax makes a small difference, the big factor is the shape of the board and the camber profile. Which is exactly what i said t begin with, i have no idea what this dude is on.
I think Leo know's how to read Mom
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
Ive never used hard boots, lol, you really are ignorant...the banzai is who ever gets to the bottom first race, no spandex, no hard boots and it's widely considered one of the most dangerous races. lol. I cant remember the last time I saw a BX'er with hard boots. Truly ignorant
Still cant admit you were wrong about wax being more important than board profile when it comes to board speed huh, thats cool man, i don't like it when I'm wrong either. Its ok, you keep sticking to your guns mate.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Still cant admit you were wrong about wax being more important than board profile when it comes to board speed huh, thats cool man, i don't like it when I'm wrong either. Its ok, you keep sticking to your guns mate.
This is exactly why nobody likes Australian's, Cheers Mate!
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
This is exactly why nobody likes Australian's, Cheers Mate!
hahaha i honestly think this is the first time i have heard that before. I didn't realise that our nation was so poorly looked upon by people as worldly as yourself.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums