Which companies (brands) have faster bases? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #41 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Anyways.......

Based on my experience, the lib tech factory wax fades quick, and is not as fast as a simple all temp. I used Hertels Super Hot Sauce or Swix and the results were not off the charts, but were substantially better.

That man made stuff will grind most wax off your base pretty fast. It is very abrasive. Sintered bases are much faster when waxed than extruded bases, so maybe a nice hotwax is all you need. Nothing fancy, just a good all temp.

In addition, the Hot knife is C3 camber dominant banana, so only a slight bit of rocker compared to other hybrid boards. I don't think the hybrid nature of the board will slow you down that much, if at all. Also, the base is the same as the T. Rice, which is C2 with more rocker... I have one and can fly no problem.

If you have been out of the game for awhile with serious injuries, I doubt you are straight-lining runs... so base seems to be less of an issue. What I CAN imagine you doing as a previously injured rider out of the game for 5 years would be just trying to make some nice turns at medium to high speed. This, coupled with not riding any of the new "wavy edge tech" released over the last 5 or 6 years, I can TOTALLY see you thinking the board is slow ON EDGE, but I'm not so sure about the base. Slow while carving (on edge) was my first impression of riding a magnatraction board 3 or 4 years ago. I liked it though, cause I had more control in my carves, but Lib magnatraction is the most grippy in my opinion.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #42 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
This is exactly why nobody likes Australian's, Cheers Mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
hahaha i honestly think this is the first time i have heard that before. I didn't realise that our nation was so poorly looked upon by people as worldly as yourself.
I like Australia for 3 reasons:

1. Cool wildlife
2. New Zealand
3. Based on a scientific social study (as seen on Manswers), Americans are more likely to have a threesome with Australian chicks than ladies from any other country.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Quote:
Stick to sucking alpine racers off douche, and if you are a board rep which i highly doubt then god help the people you offer advice to.
snowboard company reps don't give advice - they just give blowjobs and handies to shop owners.

i actually agree with RockSteady on the role of waxing, but i just find it laughable and really fucking sad the attitude that a lot of reps have when they come on the internet.

if i owned your company i'd probably fire your ass. your #1 job should be positive PR for your company when you come on the internet. you might impress some dumbfuck shop kids when you walk in thru the stickered-up door swingin your dick, but to the majority of people you just look like a fucking idiot.

you work for a snowboard company getting flown all over on their dime to sell a product that the shops are already going to buy or they're not - fuck its the easiest, cushiest fucking job - you'd think these douchebags would have a lot of positive vibes to throw around but then they get on the internet and start trying to shit on other riders. pathetic.

you don't deserve to be an ambassador of the sport with a dickface attitude like that. the nice thing is reps come and reps go, and the only thing you get to rep is your shitty company that you're trying so hard to ruin - not the sport of snowboarding as a whole.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #44 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
hahaha i honestly think this is the first time i have heard that before. I didn't realise that our nation was so poorly looked upon by people as worldly as yourself.
For whatever it's worth, I have no problem at all with Aussies.
Planet Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
snowboard company reps don't give advice - they just give blowjobs and handies to shop owners.

i actually agree with RockSteady on the role of waxing, but i just find it laughable and really fucking sad the attitude that a lot of reps have when they come on the internet.

if i owned your company i'd probably fire your ass. your #1 job should be positive PR for your company when you come on the internet. you might impress some dumbfuck shop kids when you walk in thru the stickered-up door swingin your dick, but to the majority of people you just look like a fucking idiot.

you work for a snowboard company getting flown all over on their dime to sell a product that the shops are already going to buy or they're not - fuck its the easiest, cushiest fucking job - you'd think these douchebags would have a lot of positive vibes to throw around but then they get on the internet and start trying to shit on other riders. pathetic.

you don't deserve to be an ambassador of the sport with a dickface attitude like that. the nice thing is reps come and reps go, and the only thing you get to rep is your shitty company that you're trying so hard to ruin - not the sport of snowboarding as a whole.
You might want to read the thread guy...I havn't shit on anyone. I argued my point and was cussed at and abused along the way. So I told him he was a prick. You sound jealous dude. Settle down, try not to judge so much. Board reps are rarely flown all around. I don't make shit for being a rep other than some free stough...once again get a grip dude. Read the thread befor you go bashing me. Cause if you read the thread then you sound like a hypocrite with all your good vibes talk...I'm all good vibes...not my fault they have arrogant Ausssies on here.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Boulder View Post
For whatever it's worth, I have no problem at all with Aussies.
I speak from experience, Ive hung with Aussies over here and I've been over there twice. Not all of them are cocky arrogant bastards who think American's are full of themselves...but most of them act like Marines fresh outta boot camp. I've had check a few loud mouth know it all Aussies in my day
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
I like Australia for 3 reasons:

1. Cool wildlife
2. New Zealand
3. Based on a scientific social study (as seen on Manswers), Americans are more likely to have a threesome with Australian chicks than ladies from any other country.
Haha point 3 is def true, kinda like when i lived in the US, accents are awesome things!

We do have some cool ass wildlife too, and yeah NZ, sweet country especially for boarding.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I speak from experience, Ive hung with Aussies over here and I've been over there twice. Not all of them are cocky arrogant bastards who think American's are full of themselves...but most of them act like Marines fresh outta boot camp. I've had check a few loud mouth know it all Aussies in my day
You must have met all Aussies after hanging with a few and being here twice, especially cos "most of us act like marines fresh outta boot camp".

Seriously though you're my hero, i wish i could see you "check" me.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #49 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Not really...

Waxing is a freaking science and racers do it for a reason. The difference between each type of wax might be marginal, but waxing overall IS NOT marginal.

Are you saying that your unwaxed sintered base is only going to be marginally slower than when waxed?

I have not tried TBT yet... closest I've tried to that is the Combo Platter from Forum. I do agree with you that base shape makes a big difference though. Wax does too.
Waxing is a science and racers do it because races are won on the order of seconds to milliseconds. Every bit helps. My argument was that it makes less of a difference than base shape/geometry. Maybe I shouldn't have used marginal but can you quantify the increase it makes? The only time a really notice a board being low on wax is on flats and even then it doesn't really stop me. Of course I don't usually go more than 3-4 trips without waxing. I probably overdo it but I also realize the gains I'm getting aren't going to be earth shattering, and the board I pick from the quiver makes more of a difference for a variety of reasons.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
You grab your Bataleon I will grab my Tiny ass Oxess and lets see who wins...for you to say Bataleons are fastest...hmm why do no BX's use them, I only see SG, Donek, Oxess and last but not least Kessler. As far as the more commercial boards go, I bet you anything a Custom X will smoke a Bataleon. Bataleon has patened side ways rocker that's not gonna speed you up.
Why did you ignore the important part of my post? Which do you think would be faster? The waxed 150 or the unwaxed 160? Boards dont operate in vacuums. Custom Xs are fast because they lock into carves, whereas bataleons get pretty sketchy at high speeds. But that isn't in a straight line. Your conflating a number of things that contribute to overall speed. To say that base tech plays less of a role than wax is wrong.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote