Which companies (brands) have faster bases? - Page 9 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #81 (permalink)

seriously is this argument still going? Rock, you must be a youngen, b/c you are acting like a 4 year old, and need to just drop it.
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
Cause everyone has race wax, once the wax race is considered, then it comes down to the most talented or lucky racer. After Nate Holland wins a race he doesn't thank Kessler, most people don't even know he rides a Kessler. He gives all the props to his wax tech for providing him with the fastest board. Once again he doesn't thank Kessler for this.
1) this is the reason you should keep your boards and skis in tip top condition all the time. If you screw up, you know it was you, not the board or wax. You dont perform good because of the wax or sharp edges. its because you can manipulate those enhancements without second guessing technique, to further your riding.

2) hes name dropping his tech, not giving him the gold metal. He's saying, if I didnt have so-and-so doing a great CONSISTENT job of tuning my gear, Itd be much harder to self critique, and better his riding.

ending,

you tune your gear so if you wash out, catch an edge, lose speed though that last turn, you know that you, the rider, is at fault, and its not maintenance issues on the board. that way you can go work on it and you know your fixing the issue at the fundamental level.

Ive ridden board upon board of shittily maintained gear. not waxed in 4 seasons, never sharpened etc, and i never once blame my bad riding on the board. your responsible for knowing how your board will react to certain conditions. proper tuning only makes it more consistent.

If you really think you owe your riding to the wax and the stone, go back to the bunny hill and learn again.

Last edited by liner; 01-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
There is some full retard going on here. Wax is certainly a factor in speed, but how is it not understoos that it's only one of many factors involved---and not nearly the most important.

My NS Raptor 159 and T.Rice 161.5 were bloody fast, both of which would be faster than other boards I've owned such as a Bataleon Goliath 157 and Lib Skate Banana 159, regardless of what brand/temp/formulation of wax you put on each.
s

haha you guys are the retards that jump on a thread 9 pages deep without barely reading it and start talking down like know it all gods...Get a grip on your ego's. U guys think u sound so cool and I'm sure your tough guy act works with the kids but you really sound like a couple of retards to everyone who knows anything. I'm sure everyone went 9 pages deep to read couple of snowboard gods like yourselves.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
s

haha you guys are the retards that jump on a thread 9 pages deep without barely reading it and start talking down like know it all gods...Get a grip on your ego's. U guys think u sound so cool and I'm sure your tough guy act works with the kids but you really sound like a couple of retards to everyone who knows anything. I'm sure everyone went 9 pages deep to read couple of snowboard gods like yourselves.
I dont know who your referring to, but im the fastest snowboarder ever, anytime anywhere, Ill johnny tsunami your ass. Just lemme wax my board first.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #85 (permalink)

i see a troll
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner View Post
I dont know who your referring to, but im the fastest snowboarder ever, anytime anywhere, Ill johnny tsunami your ass. Just lemme wax my board first.

was that an attempt at a joke?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #87 (permalink)

LOL...Wow, did not expect all this when I asked the original question. Mainly what I was looking for was a board with faster material type base. I was told that different companies has faster bases than other, so I posted here to get your opinions. Got them I did! LOL

Anyway, what was happening to me was, I was cruzin down the hill then hit a flat spot, I would have to un strap and push myself. I would try the run again and get as fast as I could to see if I could gain enough speed to make it through the flat patch and I wasn't able.

Or on the beginning of the runs where its a little flat, I would have to hop until the slope got steeper. I would see other boarders able to strap in and start to go down just fine.

I wasn't looking for high tech arguments, just wanted to get insight on boards that had a little faster base to help guide my next purchase.

I just got my Hot Knife back with a sweet wax job on it. I think the issue I had was my wax was gone from riding on pure man made snow. But I will see if this theory is right next time I go up.

Don't get wrong, I learned some good stuff from this thread. Plus it was fun see the rivalry going on

Cheers!
CK93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #88 (permalink)

Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
was some fresh wax just what the Dr. ordered?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #90 (permalink)

yes, the new wax definitely helped, but I also think getting more used to my board helped as well.

I imagine all the man made stuff stripped off the wax pretty well.

Heading out to SLC to hit some Utah snow now.