Replace my Rome Mod Rocker... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey Exile -

I think this is the first time we've ever heard someone not like the Mod Rocker - do you mind shooting us an email with some feedback on what parts you didn't like? Was it strictly because of the camber profile? We'd really like to hear more if possible.

If you want something that will feel similar to your Mod Rocker - check out the Mod or Agent. They're definitely higher end, but if you want something that won't break the bank, the Reverb is a great deck - camber, true twin.

If you wouldn't mind shooting us an email with more info that would be awesome - ridercouncil at romesnowboards dot com.

Thanks and shred on
Rome SDS

For the latest SDS updates follow Rome on Twitter and Facebook.
romesnowboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'll definitely look to send an email over regarding my thoughts on the board.

First thing though, keep in mind I am a beginner and I don't think there is anything wrong with the board. I ride on the east cost normally on ice and/or groomed slush. All past riding experiences have been on a cambered board.

After getting on the rocker and getting a feel for it, I road a friends Forum Kitchensink (camber profile). I really enjoyed the more grounded feeling I received and the extra force it required to swing it into a carve.

I'm a heavier rider and I don't mind throwing my weight around to initate a turn with a more stable feel. On the rocker, I felt like the contact point was more between my feet than outside my feet which I'm not sure I care for.

If I rode this board in powder, I suspect I'd have a very different opinion.

Ultimately, I guess I feel like I have more control with the camber than rocker when considering the conditions I most often ride.
exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just wanted to report back. Took the DC ply out for the third time today. I feel much more comfort in grabbing an edge and riding straight. I've been able to ride a lot faster (with more confidence) both when carving/edging as well as straight.

This comes down to camber versus rocker, nothing against Rome or the Mod Rocker.
exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

I just purchased my '12 mod rocker and ridden it for 10 times and very pleased with it. I did come from a flat board, so I fell in love with the rocker/camber/rocker setup. Now, Im just looking for a binding that goes well with my Van's High Standard boots

Hope you find the board the suites your needs. Good Luck
IS3_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile View Post
Just wanted to report back. Took the DC ply out for the third time today. I feel much more comfort in grabbing an edge and riding straight. I've been able to ride a lot faster (with more confidence) both when carving/edging as well as straight.

This comes down to camber versus rocker, nothing against Rome or the Mod Rocker.
It's definitely not a beginner board, but I would hold onto it. Great board once you can utilize it.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote