Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Replace my Rome Mod Rocker... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/55401-replace-my-rome-mod-rocker.html)

exile 01-16-2013 12:47 AM

Replace my Rome Mod Rocker...

I'm a beginner. I bought a Rome Mod Rocker and I can say that from my little experience of knowing Rocker vs Camber (riding both in the same day), that I prefer camber. I ride on the east coast and groomed slush is my most common terrain.

I'm trying not to break the bank, but I want something that would feel similar in flex and all to my current board, but with a more traditional camber.

Here is what I was looking at -

DC Ply Snowboard Men's Reviews & Sale | trusnow.com

I'm looking for all mountain/playful board with the ability to bring it into the park. Not looking to be a speed racer either.

Thanks,
exile

Weipim 01-16-2013 08:10 PM

nitro propaganda from evo is another alternative

Extremo 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile (Post 588481)
I'm a beginner. I bought a Rome Mod Rocker and I can say that from my little experience of knowing Rocker vs Camber (riding both in the same day), that I prefer camber. I ride on the east coast and groomed slush is my most common terrain.

I'm trying not to break the bank, but I want something that would feel similar in flex and all to my current board, but with a more traditional camber.

Here is what I was looking at -

DC Ply Snowboard Men's Reviews & Sale | trusnow.com

I'm looking for all mountain/playful board with the ability to bring it into the park. Not looking to be a speed racer either.

Thanks,
exile

There are dozens to choose from. I'd recommend the Ride DH or the Nitro Eero if you're looking for performance camber.

If you like the DC PLY They have the Aaron Biittner PLY pro model (Which is a bit better) in a 156.5 on Whiskey's member section for $199. Can't beat that deal.

Justin 01-16-2013 11:50 PM

ya the price on whiskeymilitia is pretty unreal.

exile 01-17-2013 02:56 PM

I guess that deal's expired?

Extremo 01-17-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile (Post 595618)
I guess that deal's expired?

Nope, still there. It's in the private stash section.

exile 01-17-2013 03:57 PM

I setup an account and logged in, I only see links to clothing and such... I feel like an idiot...but little help?

Extremo 01-17-2013 04:09 PM

If you scroll down the page and click on the DC category it's about half way down that page. You'll see some jackets and clothing at first but keep scrolling down, you'll see it.

Justin 01-17-2013 04:16 PM

its near the top now, still 19 hours to go.

Nivek 01-17-2013 05:00 PM

The Ply was not that fun. Lack luster pop. Is look for a Flow Shifty, YES Jackpot, Bataleon Fun Kink, or a Signal Park.