Choosing of new freestyle snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Choosing of new freestyle snowboard

Hi guys. Time to get a new snowboard for me . I ride on Burton Un Inc 153 four years already. A love this board much but it's little bit big for me. It's was not a problem until I started riding in the park. I need fun board for jumps, ground tricks, any kind of fun riding, groomers. Easy to spin, buttering, ollies, stable on kickers. I'm not a fan of jibbing, so rails and boxes are not important for me (but who knows, maybe i will try it with new board). I think freestyle or all mnt freestyle board will be good choice for me. UnInc will stay with me for other things (like pow and etc.)

Weight: 60kg (134 lbs)
Height: 167 (5'6")
Boot: 9

Size of board 150 better choise for me like all-mountain board. But i worry that I will don't feel a big difference between 150 and 153. Is it true?
So, main question is which size of board will be better for me?
Maybe you can recommend me specific models.

list of boards i looked:
Rome Postermania (147/150?, think not good for jumps)
Rome Agent 149 (too stiff?)
Burton Parkitect 150 (like camber and flex, but worry about size, + can use old EST bindings)
Capita Ultrafear FK 147 (is it jib board?)
Never Summer Evo (147/150?)
Forum Distroyer Double Dog (148)

Thank you for your response and sorry for my english
funkykytarista is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I strongly suggest a burton super hero in 148 or 145cm. It has nug reduction.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just got the ns evo, it's actually last years model but I got a great deal on it.. I do lot of park and rails and lots o butters and jib and just mess around most the time I'm riding.. I paired it up with some k2 hurrithanes and it is amazing.. It had been 5 or 6 years since I got new gear so from my old 154 forum jp walker to the ns evo was quite a jump.. I've only been out on it once so far(literally just got it like a week or 2 ago.. But I would definitely give it a look.. You could get away with either 147 or 150. Between effective edge and blunt cut off tips it rides a little longer yet playfulness of the smaller size

Iowa_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I can sell you a 2012 151 Rome reverb rocker, I only used it 6 times.
EatMyTracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

I like Never Summer Evo, but which size 147 or 150?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm 6'1" and 150lbs and always bounce back and forth from 154 to 157ish.. I think you'd be happier with the 150 truthfully.. 147 would probably be fine but I think you'll over power it pretty easy
Iowa_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykytarista View Post
Hi guys. Time to get a new snowboard for me . I ride on Burton Un Inc 153 four years already. A love this board much but it's little bit big for me. It's was not a problem until I started riding in the park. I need fun board for jumps, ground tricks, any kind of fun riding, groomers. Easy to spin, buttering, ollies, stable on kickers. I'm not a fan of jibbing, so rails and boxes are not important for me (but who knows, maybe i will try it with new board). I think freestyle or all mnt freestyle board will be good choice for me. UnInc will stay with me for other things (like pow and etc.)

Weight: 60kg (134 lbs)
Height: 167 (5'6")
Boot: 9

Size of board 150 better choise for me like all-mountain board. But i worry that I will don't feel a big difference between 150 and 153. Is it true?
So, main question is which size of board will be better for me?
Maybe you can recommend me specific models.

list of boards i looked:
Rome Postermania (147/150?, think not good for jumps)
Rome Agent 149 (too stiff?)
Burton Parkitect 150 (like camber and flex, but worry about size, + can use old EST bindings)
Capita Ultrafear FK 147 (is it jib board?)
Never Summer Evo (147/150?)
Forum Distroyer Double Dog (148)

Thank you for your response and sorry for my english
I'd recommend the NS Evo or Proto. Both are pressy and poppy and offer good torsional stability. I'm have a lot of fun on mine.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_kid View Post
I'm 6'1" and 150lbs and always bounce back and forth from 154 to 157ish.. I think you'd be happier with the 150 truthfully.. 147 would probably be fine but I think you'll over power it pretty easy

So you think that 150 evo will be enough playful and freestyle for me? oh... i'm so worry that it's only 3 cm shorter. But it's camrock instead true camber on my current board... hmm... hard choice
Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykytarista View Post
So you think that 150 evo will be enough playful and freestyle for me? oh... i'm so worry that it's only 3 cm shorter. But it's camrock instead true camber on my current board... hmm... hard choice
I'd recommend going with the 150. It's only 1.5 cm of length added to each end but going from camber to camrock you'll want that extra 3cm of effective edge. The shorter board is going to ride loose compared to full cam.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have compared an effective edge of my Un Inc and Evo and found that Evo 147 has only 5 mm less than burton (1160 vs 1165). More over difference between 147 and 150 in weight is only 10 lbs. So i have ordered Never Summer 147, and for other cases i have 153 Un Inc.
Thank you very much for your advice.