Help Choosing Board for My Girlfriend - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Help Choosing Board for My Girlfriend

Okay so a little background. My Girlfriend is 6'1" 175lbs and wears size 11.5 mens boots. She has been snowboarding 8 times so far and has progressed ridiculously fast (she has wakeboarded for 6 years, so it makes sense). She is currently riding my 2003 Ride Yukon 164, which is possibly the worst possible board she could ever learn to ride on. We started her out on it because it was laying around, and I wanted to make sure she enjoyed snowboarding before investing any money into gear.

She can link turns on the steepest of blues no problem and has just started to get into black territory, so I think it's definitely time she got a board that actually fits her. As far as riding style goes, she is purely freeride with no intention of spending any time in the park.

Since she is kind of a beginner still, we don't really want to break the bank on a super fancy board for her. Can anyone suggest a solid freeride board in the $300-350 range?
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote