Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton P1SZ or Triad bindings? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/5571-burton-p1sz-triad-bindings.html)

KIKNIT 05-23-2008 07:13 AM

Burton P1SZ or Triad bindings?

I need to know which you guys feel is the better binding as I'm a tad strapped for cash and can get some killer deals on either one of these bindings. Ideally I'd go for Rome 390's but there just outta my price range and hard to find in Large.

So what say you? P1SZ's or Triads?

Minger 05-23-2008 01:25 PM

What prices are you looking at?

GearTrade - Rome - 390 Snowboard Binding White LXL like new!

You can get 390s from geartrade for a decent price just to let you know.

rgrwilco 05-23-2008 01:41 PM

do whatever you can do to get the 390s. best bindings ive ever ridden(ive ridden forums, burton, ride, k2, technine, others i dont remember)

KIKNIT 05-23-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minger (Post 52155)
What prices are you looking at?

GearTrade - Rome - 390 Snowboard Binding White LXL like new!

You can get 390s from geartrade for a decent price just to let you know.

I would have bought those straight away, but I'm outside of the US so it does restrict me a bit.

Minger 05-23-2008 10:14 PM

I think they still ship outside of the US - I would ask. Backcountry normally ships outside of the US anyways.

Mojo 05-23-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minger (Post 52197)
I think they still ship outside of the US - I would ask. Backcountry normally ships outside of the US anyways.

Burton & a few other snowboard companies has sum bullsh*t policy where they wont allow retailers to ship outside the US. Ive been trying to get a Burton jacket from the US to Aust, contacted half a dozen stores so far all said the same, they cant ship intl. becoz of this bullsh*t rule. Only thing u can do is try ebay or if u know sumone in the US, have the store ship it to them & then onto u as a gift.

It pisses me off coz i cant get any half decent snow gear here & the low end gear here cost an arm n a leg.

Minger 05-24-2008 12:59 AM

Mojo...for the most part, its just Burton gear and the companies owned by them - Red, Anon, and maybe a few others. Most other companies allow you to I think.

nzboardlife 05-24-2008 10:18 PM

Rome allows shipping from the US.......

The only companies that don't are or are owned by burton

"It pisses me off coz i cant get any half decent snow gear here & the low end gear here cost an arm n a leg."

So only burton products are good huh?

I got all my gear from the US, top of the range, only thing i couldn't get that i wanted where a certain pair of burton boots

Mojo 05-25-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nzboardlife (Post 52246)
Rome allows shipping from the US.......

The only companies that don't are or are owned by burton

"It pisses me off coz i cant get any half decent snow gear here & the low end gear here cost an arm n a leg."

So only burton products are good huh?

I got all my gear from the US, top of the range, only thing i couldn't get that i wanted where a certain pair of burton boots

Burton & all the brands they own cant be sent from the US. Here's a list of the brands they wont post intl (from one of the retailer)-

ACR
Arbor
Arc'teryx
Burton (including RED, Analog, Gravis, Mark XIII, Idiom and Anon)
Canada Goose
Cascade Designs (including MSR, Platypus, Sealine, Thermarest & Tracks)
Chariot Carriers - lower 48 only
FOX racing
Fritschi
K2 (including Line, Marker, Technica & Volkl)
Lowa
Nixon
Oakley
O'Neill
Patagonia Footwear
Platypus
Polar
Ride (including CAPP3L)
Thule
Vans
Yakima