New Board Problems - can too little weight be a problem? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
I read up on the board, and it seems to be an exceptionally soft board. If you are doing turn initiation with your front foot but never bringing up the rear foot to match, you'd be trying to turn with an edged front and flat back. That'll wash you out for sure! If the rental board is stiffer, your front-foot initiation is probably enough to bring the edge up in the back as well.

So, do you just have a lazy back foot?
That and, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a flat or zero camber board behave differently in turn initiation that a camber profile? I recall when switching from camber to C2BTX I had to adjust (dial it back) otherwise I would wash out.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

lol... I definitely am not too proud of my board...I wish the problem were that simple. Thanks !

I guess I will persevere, stick it out a bit more before giving up and getting a new board.
Denimgrl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denimgrl66 View Post
I guess I will persevere, stick it out a bit more before giving up and getting a new board.
Yeah, gotta try it for a few days before giving up! I've been boarding for 2/3rds of my life and it still takes about 5 days or so to really get used to a new board for me...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah, gotta try it for a few days before giving up! I've been boarding for 2/3rds of my life and it still takes about 5 days or so to really get used to a new board for me...
Good to know - thanks for the advice .
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
That and, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a flat or zero camber board behave differently in turn initiation that a camber profile? I recall when switching from camber to C2BTX I had to adjust (dial it back) otherwise I would wash out.
Wow...you guys are awesome . Thanks for researching. This all seems to make a lot of sense. The lazy back foot is a possibility . I guess first of all, I will give it a little more time and if things don't improve, I might have to investigate a new board. I also need to educate myself a bit in terms of board specs...
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Wow...you guys are awesome . Thanks for researching. This all seems to make a lot of sense. The lazy back foot is a possibility . I guess first of all, I will give it a little more time and if things don't improve, I might have to investigate a new board. I also need to educate myself a bit in terms of board specs...
You're welcome!

Give it some more time. On the first couple of runs with my hybrid camber I thought I made an awful purchase decision. But I stuck with it since I was 5 bills deep into it and figured out what I needed to do and not do compared to what I was used to doing. Basically I was over-riding it because I was used to an old, heavy, stiff cambered board.

You might find you prefer camber. If that's the case, just get a cambered board. But give the new profile some time, you might find you like it.

The suggestion of getting a lesson is good; there may be a technique issue a professional can help you fix.

Good luck!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Wow...you guys are awesome .
now... REWARD US WITH PICS!!!

Sorry I just have to work really hard at maintaining my status as the forum creeper. It's hard to do when Kermits bugging me all the time to play my drums.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
If it's flat camber, though stable it probably has a 2 degree base bevel, whereas most of the rental boards were most likely a 1 degree base bevel. Slightly higher edge angle could do the trick.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
You're welcome!

Give it some more time. On the first couple of runs with my hybrid camber I thought I made an awful purchase decision. But I stuck with it since I was 5 bills deep into it and figured out what I needed to do and not do compared to what I was used to doing. Basically I was over-riding it because I was used to an old, heavy, stiff cambered board.

You might find you prefer camber. If that's the case, just get a cambered board. But give the new profile some time, you might find you like it.

The suggestion of getting a lesson is good; there may be a technique issue a professional can help you fix.

Good luck!
Really good advice...and good to know that experienced boarders have a learning curve too. Believe it or not, I am excited to give it another try...or 4 or 5 :-).
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
now... REWARD US WITH PICS!!!

Sorry I just have to work really hard at maintaining my status as the forum creeper. It's hard to do when Kermits bugging me all the time to play my drums.
Haha...just to save you the effort, the "grl" is misleading... the "66" refers to my year of birth .

Tags
head tribute, new board problems, salomon lotus, weight