Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Sizing Questions? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/55890-sizing-questions.html)

juliestheory 01-17-2013 01:59 PM

Sizing Questions?
 
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new board, the Arbor Cadence. However, I'm not sure what size to get and I wanted to see if anyone out there has tested them out! I am 5'7" and 105lbs. and I am hemming and hawing between the 143 and the 147. I'm concerned my height to weight ratio might make the 143 feel a little short. And Arbor's weight guidelines for the board are super broad. Any help??

TBomb 01-17-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliestheory (Post 595130)
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new board, the Arbor Cadence. However, I'm not sure what size to get and I wanted to see if anyone out there has tested them out! I am 5'7" and 105lbs. and I am hemming and hawing between the 143 and the 147. I'm concerned my height to weight ratio might make the 143 feel a little short. And Arbor's weight guidelines for the board are super broad. Any help??

What's your riding style and location? That can make a difference in the board selection. If you like to ride more all-mountain and get some decent snow, a longer board might be better. If you ride mostly on hardpack or are out east, a shorter board might be better.

juliestheory 01-17-2013 02:21 PM

East cost. I'm an all-mountain style rider. But definitely a pleasure rider, I'm not throwing any sick tricks or anything lol

tdn 01-17-2013 02:35 PM

I think 143 would suit you well, but if you're still growing or like to bomb down trails often, then I'd lean more towards the 147. I'm assuming you're an intermediate rider and who likes to cruise groomed trails, maybe hit a kick/jump every so often.

juliestheory 01-17-2013 04:22 PM

Yeah I'm 25, so done growing ;) I like cruising but I want the board to be light enough to hit a rail every now and then. I just don't want to feel too tall for the board or too light for the board. Also, I'm definitely not a speed rider.

tdn 01-17-2013 08:43 PM

I think the 143 would be a much better choice then.

extra0 01-17-2013 10:30 PM

idk - if having to choose between a board that's too long or too short, I'd pick the longer one. I tried out a board this season that was too short and it felt weird and sketchy. If you're riding ice coast on really steep runs, the longer edge should be a little grippier, too.

juliestheory 01-17-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extra0 (Post 597602)
idk - if having to choose between a board that's too long or too short, I'd pick the longer one. I tried out a board this season that was too short and it felt weird and sketchy. If you're riding ice coast on really steep runs, the longer edge should be a little grippier, too.


Yeah, which is why I'm going back and forth. How important do you think rider weight is?

silverwhale 01-18-2013 11:12 AM

There's personal preference to take into account as well, but I learned to snowboard on a 149 (I was still growing at the time weight-wise, maybe a 95-105 lb range, height was like 5' to 5'3"), and I didn't have any problems. I'm now on a 147 (115 lbs, 5'3" and not growing), but that's mainly due to the huge jump up in size for the board I bought (next size was 152). I like having a longer board for the East coast - I find it better for stability/control/ice. I don't know what the flex on the cadence is, or how athletic you are (at 5'7" and 105 lbs I'm guessing you aren't super muscular lol :p ). If you're just cruising around though, the 143 would be fine as well :)

juliestheory 01-18-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverwhale (Post 599042)
There's personal preference to take into account as well, but I learned to snowboard on a 149 (I was still growing at the time weight-wise, maybe a 95-105 lb range, height was like 5' to 5'3"), and I didn't have any problems. I'm now on a 147 (115 lbs, 5'3" and not growing), but that's mainly due to the huge jump up in size for the board I bought (next size was 152). I like having a longer board for the East coast - I find it better for stability/control/ice. I don't know what the flex on the cadence is, or how athletic you are (at 5'7" and 105 lbs I'm guessing you aren't super muscular lol :p ). If you're just cruising around though, the 143 would be fine as well :)

I'm thinkin the 147. I am actually super muscular, I'm a rock climber and martial artist. Everyone seems to be leaning toward the 147 for east coast. Cadence is pretty soft flex. How's tricks with the 149?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2