Sizing Questions? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sizing Questions?

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new board, the Arbor Cadence. However, I'm not sure what size to get and I wanted to see if anyone out there has tested them out! I am 5'7" and 105lbs. and I am hemming and hawing between the 143 and the 147. I'm concerned my height to weight ratio might make the 143 feel a little short. And Arbor's weight guidelines for the board are super broad. Any help??
juliestheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliestheory View Post
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new board, the Arbor Cadence. However, I'm not sure what size to get and I wanted to see if anyone out there has tested them out! I am 5'7" and 105lbs. and I am hemming and hawing between the 143 and the 147. I'm concerned my height to weight ratio might make the 143 feel a little short. And Arbor's weight guidelines for the board are super broad. Any help??
What's your riding style and location? That can make a difference in the board selection. If you like to ride more all-mountain and get some decent snow, a longer board might be better. If you ride mostly on hardpack or are out east, a shorter board might be better.
TBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

East cost. I'm an all-mountain style rider. But definitely a pleasure rider, I'm not throwing any sick tricks or anything lol
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think 143 would suit you well, but if you're still growing or like to bomb down trails often, then I'd lean more towards the 147. I'm assuming you're an intermediate rider and who likes to cruise groomed trails, maybe hit a kick/jump every so often.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I'm 25, so done growing I like cruising but I want the board to be light enough to hit a rail every now and then. I just don't want to feel too tall for the board or too light for the board. Also, I'm definitely not a speed rider.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think the 143 would be a much better choice then.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

idk - if having to choose between a board that's too long or too short, I'd pick the longer one. I tried out a board this season that was too short and it felt weird and sketchy. If you're riding ice coast on really steep runs, the longer edge should be a little grippier, too.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
idk - if having to choose between a board that's too long or too short, I'd pick the longer one. I tried out a board this season that was too short and it felt weird and sketchy. If you're riding ice coast on really steep runs, the longer edge should be a little grippier, too.

Yeah, which is why I'm going back and forth. How important do you think rider weight is?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

There's personal preference to take into account as well, but I learned to snowboard on a 149 (I was still growing at the time weight-wise, maybe a 95-105 lb range, height was like 5' to 5'3"), and I didn't have any problems. I'm now on a 147 (115 lbs, 5'3" and not growing), but that's mainly due to the huge jump up in size for the board I bought (next size was 152). I like having a longer board for the East coast - I find it better for stability/control/ice. I don't know what the flex on the cadence is, or how athletic you are (at 5'7" and 105 lbs I'm guessing you aren't super muscular lol ). If you're just cruising around though, the 143 would be fine as well
silverwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhale View Post
There's personal preference to take into account as well, but I learned to snowboard on a 149 (I was still growing at the time weight-wise, maybe a 95-105 lb range, height was like 5' to 5'3"), and I didn't have any problems. I'm now on a 147 (115 lbs, 5'3" and not growing), but that's mainly due to the huge jump up in size for the board I bought (next size was 152). I like having a longer board for the East coast - I find it better for stability/control/ice. I don't know what the flex on the cadence is, or how athletic you are (at 5'7" and 105 lbs I'm guessing you aren't super muscular lol ). If you're just cruising around though, the 143 would be fine as well
I'm thinkin the 147. I am actually super muscular, I'm a rock climber and martial artist. Everyone seems to be leaning toward the 147 for east coast. Cadence is pretty soft flex. How's tricks with the 149?