Help req'd from US members - CASH PAID to the one who helps!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help req'd from US members - CASH PAID to the one who helps!!

Anyone here from the US who would like to help out a fellow forum member from Aust by forwarding on to me a Burton jacket? Would prefer a Mod, Senior or long standing member of the forum. Im even willing to throw sum cash in for the person who would like to help.

Situation is, im in Western Australia and we CANNOT get any half decent snow gear here, maybe coz it doesnt snow here. Ive looked country wide for a decent snow jacket & just cant get one, not to mention u'd still pay an arm & a leg for the crappy jackets we get here. Ive also dropped emails to numerous stores in the US and all have come back to me with the same answer. Becoz the jacket i want is a Burton, they cannot send it. Burton has a policy that wont allow retailers to post intl. But it isnt against policy if the item is sent to a US postal add and in turn forwarded internationally apparently.

So if sumone trustworthy would like to help me out, i can organise to have the jacket sent to u and on arrival u would forward it on to me. Ill cover all postage fees of course & will even throw sum xtra cash in for ur troubles. I believe that sum have done the same for Canadian members.

I realise its abit of a risky move and would therefore prefer a Mod, Senior or long standing member of the forum to help me out. Its my last resort, otherwise it'll mean another season of parka hire & with the no of times ive had to hire it, i would have saved up enough for one.

Please pm me if u would like to help.

Cheers all.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Best of luck finding someone for this.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thx. Hopefully sumone trustworthy will respond. I know i'd help out if sumone wanted sumthing here that they cant get over there.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

there are companies that do this, if your ordering over the internet the ONLY brand you cannot get is burton. So to say you cannot get anything half decent makes you a moron, i know the jacket you want is a burton, i only assume for the its colours or decal. i am sick of telling you this. GET A DIFFERENT BRAND!!!! there are plenty that are just as good if not better than burton!
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzboardlife View Post
there are companies that do this, if your ordering over the internet the ONLY brand you cannot get is burton. So to say you cannot get anything half decent makes you a moron, i know the jacket you want is a burton, i only assume for the its colours or decal. i am sick of telling you this. GET A DIFFERENT BRAND!!!! there are plenty that are just as good if not better than burton!
Mate, if ur not trying to help, stay out & keep ur mouth shut. Do u even live in Perth? Do u know wots available in the shops here & how much it costs? The only jackets available here r Burton, Quiksilver & Rip Curl. I wont even get into the other snow gear. The low end range of Burton jackets start at around $250, a similar jacket online frm the US is about a quarter of the price. I chose a particular Burton jacket becoz of the fit not for the name. I dont have a chance to try on the other brands so im not taking a risk on buying one online to find out that it dont fit.

And when did u mention this anyway? In fact it was in another thread(tho i cant find it right now) that it was i that told the person who posted it that Burton & all their affiliated companies(ie. Red, Analog, Gravis,... i sent a whole list) dont allow retailers to send intl.

Snowolf has already offered to help & im very thankful for that. Its ppl like him & others on this forum that offer advice for the new guys that makes it a good forum.

Last edited by Mojo; 05-27-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

I am to late to offer my help, since snow already did. Well either way Snow is closer to AUS than I am so the shipping would be more expensive from Florida. I hope you get your jacket nice and fast one more thing make sure that the jacket delivered to snow is the right size and color. Some of this retailers are complete idiots and always send the wrong stuff, it would be a pity for the wrong jacket to travel all the way to AUS and then you would need to exchange it for another one.

P.S. By the way you are in the right boat with Snow, he's a good person to trust in this forum, I am sure he will get your jacket in AUS before you know it.

Good luck with that....

Quote:
So to say you cannot get anything half decent makes you a moron
Come on mate I expected better from you, you always seem like a cool guy, to be calling fellow members names is not nice. It seems like Mojo knows what he wants and he is just trying to get it in AUS for his riding season. Well either way come on keep em pictures coming or way
Old 05-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

mojo - where there's a will there's a way

or better yet,

where there's a will, there's eBay!

i have had similar problems as you... for good ice hockey sticks and Vans snowboard boots etc....

prices in europe are pisstakes. that, combined with currency exchange rates, mean american prices are sales of the century!

eventually, i found a store in Utah, that would sell me the Vans boots i wanted. they turned out to be defective, but Vans UK replaced them with better ones the next year. no stress and this was all despite the corporate insistence that no exportations be made to undermine their regional price fixings.

same too with hockey sticks. i got a few twigs for less than half their UK price and better still, the vendor ticked 'gift' on the import docs so i paid no tax or customs fees.

use paypal and you needn't trust your time and dollar to strangers on a www site. i mean christ, you don't even trust someone who tells you that there are better clothes out there than those made by Burton!

so either get to it, or rent-a-parka!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Mate, if ur not trying to help, stay out & keep ur mouth shut. Do u even live in Perth? Do u know wots available in the shops here & how much it costs? The only jackets available here r Burton, Quiksilver & Rip Curl. I wont even get into the other snow gear. The low end range of Burton jackets start at around $250, a similar jacket online frm the US is about a quarter of the price. I chose a particular Burton jacket becoz of the fit not for the name. I dont have a chance to try on the other brands so im not taking a risk on buying one online to find out that it dont fit.

And when did u mention this anyway? In fact it was in another thread(tho i cant find it right now) that it was i that told the person who posted it that Burton & all their affiliated companies(ie. Red, Analog, Gravis,... i sent a whole list) dont allow retailers to send intl.

Snowolf has already offered to help & im very thankful for that. Its ppl like him & others on this forum that offer advice for the new guys that makes it a good forum.
No i do not live in perth, i live in auckland, where we have the same deal but with a few more brands. I don't think you can find a burton jacket here that costs under $320. The way you wrote things made it seem you wanted burton because it was burton, don't blame me for reading it like that. You don't want to risk buying a jacket that doesn't fit but you'd rather risk your money with someone you don't know with a possible outcome of nothing... Personally i would try on as many "Burton, Quiksilver & Rip Curl" jackets as i could at the shops, find my general sizing from that + my dimensions (Yes, dimensions , you know of em? for online buyers who can't try something on?) Then get something nice delivered to my door with little risk. I have never come across a jacket i have sized up without seeing that didn't fit. Worst comes to worst, you sell it on ebay.com.au for a little under your mentioned "similar jacket online frm the US is about a quarter of the price" and make a bit of profit.

"And when did u mention this anyway? In fact it was in another thread"... are you answering this or am i?
"Burton & all their affiliated companies(ie. Red, Analog, Gravis,... i sent a whole list) dont allow retailers to send intl." Don't only burton in that list make jackets anyway? so that puts us back where we started, only burton.

Sorry for the angst, just don't get ya.
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzboardlife View Post
No i do not live in perth, i live in auckland, where we have the same deal but with a few more brands. I don't think you can find a burton jacket here that costs under $320. The way you wrote things made it seem you wanted burton because it was burton, don't blame me for reading it like that. You don't want to risk buying a jacket that doesn't fit but you'd rather risk your money with someone you don't know with a possible outcome of nothing... Personally i would try on as many "Burton, Quiksilver & Rip Curl" jackets as i could at the shops, find my general sizing from that + my dimensions (Yes, dimensions , you know of em? for online buyers who can't try something on?) Then get something nice delivered to my door with little risk. I have never come across a jacket i have sized up without seeing that didn't fit. Worst comes to worst, you sell it on ebay.com.au for a little under your mentioned "similar jacket online frm the US is about a quarter of the price" and make a bit of profit.

"And when did u mention this anyway? In fact it was in another thread"... are you answering this or am i?
"Burton & all their affiliated companies(ie. Red, Analog, Gravis,... i sent a whole list) dont allow retailers to send intl." Don't only burton in that list make jackets anyway? so that puts us back where we started, only burton.

Sorry for the angst, just don't get ya.
Yes i have already tried the few jackets that r in my local area & yes ive already looked into the `dimensions' etc. which is why i selected a particular Burton jacket. Like i said `Im NOT getting Burton for their name, its the for the fit & i like the look of that particular jacket' Sizing was a difficult one for me also which limited the range i could choose from. And yes i realise its a risk, which is why i stated preferably `a Mod or Senior member' There's always a risk when shopping online but at least when its a mod or long time member of a forum, i can see that they r genuinely there to help out others with similar interest & therefore i feel a lil more secure when dealing with them. I believe that theres already others on the forum who's done the same thing as i am with intl shipping, good to see other members helping out.
If u were trying to help & didnt get me, all u had to do was ask, there's no need to abuse sumone, we're all trying to learn or help each other out here, isnt that the point of having a discussion forum? Anyway i wont go on. Hope u have a great season in NZ
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
I am to late to offer my help, since snow already did. Well either way Snow is closer to AUS than I am so the shipping would be more expensive from Florida. I hope you get your jacket nice and fast one more thing make sure that the jacket delivered to snow is the right size and color. Some of this retailers are complete idiots and always send the wrong stuff, it would be a pity for the wrong jacket to travel all the way to AUS and then you would need to exchange it for another one.

P.S. By the way you are in the right boat with Snow, he's a good person to trust in this forum, I am sure he will get your jacket in AUS before you know it.

Good luck with that....

Come on mate I expected better from you, you always seem like a cool guy, to be calling fellow members names is not nice. It seems like Mojo knows what he wants and he is just trying to get it in AUS for his riding season. Well either way come on keep em pictures coming or way

Simply_Ride - thanks for the offer, nice to know there r others willing to help out. Yes Snowolf seems to be a top guy, been speaking to him & it should all be goin ahead shortly, cant wait for the season to start. Oh and thanks for the tip on checking the sizing. Should u guys need the favour returned frm down under, shoot me a pm.