snowboard sizing help burton feelgood - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face snowboard sizing help burton feelgood

I need help deciding which sized board to get. I have a burton feelgood 144 ordered already and burton said I could exchange it for whatever size i wanted if I happened to need a different size. I am 90lb and 5'1''. I ride mostly freeride and do not do park. I currently ride a 139 which i love but it is a beginner board and i want something a little more advanced as my second and hopefully last board. I am not sure if i should get the 140 or keep the 144. Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks!
dkinny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Since you're 90lbs and have a 139 already, I would say a 140 would be a better choice than the 144 unless you are still growing (will gain weight) or if you're in powder conditions.

Have you felt the 139 is too small for you?
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Since you're 90lbs and have a 139 already, I would say a 140 would be a better choice than the 144 unless you are still growing (will gain weight) or if you're in powder conditions.

Have you felt the 139 is too small for you?
No I have not found the 139 too small for me. I just need a new board, not a COMPLETELY different one haha. and nah I am in the northeast, so no real good powder here at all. thanks! oh and I am done growing. havn't gained weight in years due to my super fast metabolism haha
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

also, I am not sure what the difference between the burton feel good flying V and regular burton feelgood is. if someone could explain that, that would be helpful. i know what the flying v is (v rocker and camber combined) but in terms of performance, i am not sure what the difference will be. Is one for more advanced riders? are they used for different purposes? thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkinny23 View Post
No I have not found the 139 too small for me. I just need a new board, not a COMPLETELY different one haha. and nah I am in the northeast, so no real good powder here at all. thanks! oh and I am done growing. havn't gained weight in years due to my super fast metabolism haha
Ah, I'm also on the east coast and have super fast metabolism. In that case, I'd say go with the 140 then.

As for the Flying V tech, others here can explain that better than I can, especially since I've never owned a Burton board. Check out is the sticky'd thread about camber profiles; that might be helpful.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Burton Feelgood Flying V vs Feelgood Camber

My daughter is riding a Feelgood Flying V 152. The Flying V profile is great for soft snow and powder. However it is rather sketchy, very loose with less than stellar edge hold on hard pack / ice.

You have indicated you are an East Coast rider who does not hit the park.

If you want a catch free, easy to ride board then the Flying V is your call, but beware of its limitations on hard conditions. If you are riding Camber at the moment and like the edge hold and stability it offers, then the Camber Feelgood is the way to go.

Just beware that they are VERY different boards that offer a very different ride. Given how light you are, I would suggest the Camber board if you want any degree of edge hold.
Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burton, feelgood, size, snowboard