Infinity or Lotus? Which size? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Infinity or Lotus? Which size?

Alright, I've read all the stickies, and done a ton of research including reading MANY hours worth of posts. But I still cant decide.....

I'm female, 36 yrs old, 5' 9.5, 160 lbs. Id say I'm an intermedite rider....mostly free rider. I have a Ride Bezerker (stiff mens feeride board) that I love to ride fast and hard on good snow conitions, and on steeper terrin. Buti think it might be just a bit too much board for me. Im too timid to ride hard on crappy conditions or flatter terrain. On those conditions the Zerker makes me feel really unstable, like im gonna eat it any minute. I can't control the snow conitions and having 3 little boarder dudes (the youngest being 4) I have to spend lots of time on the more mellow greens and blues. Hence, the need for a new board. I think I'll keep the Zerker to grow into and to ride on kid-less and awesome snow days and get another more hangout, and crappy condition board. I'm leaning towards a Never Summer, most likely an Infinity.

So the questions:
1) Which board would be better for me? The Infinty, the Lotus, or something entirely different?
2) Is a 154 long enough for me? I usually ride a 155, but have been told by some that a 157 would be even better?
Bauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

lotus 152. It'll be easier to flex, but still take out all the bumps and harsh conditions.

and you said freeriding. unless you are doing spins and other stuff where you need pop the lotus is good .
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
NSI

Hello. I'm 5'2" 105 lbs and I bought a 142 Infinity this year. I absolutely love it. I ride mostly groomer blue runs and have progressed so much this year due to the board upgrade. In my opinion the Infinity is a very forgiving board and from what I have read is good in powder as well unfortunately northern WI hasn't gotten much for snow so no powder rides on it yet. I know I like a shorter board just because I'm short and it makes it easier for me to control just my personal preference. I was thinking about a getting a Lotus next year because I've heard so many good things about them as well but being as the Lotus is out next year it's between a Raven and the Onyx. However the Raven only starts out at a 146 so I might have to muscle up a bit because its basically the "new Lotus" if I lean toward it. I guess in my opinion Infinity if your riding groomers and like to carve Lotus if you ride more powder. As far as size weight, height, muscle build, and personal preference all play a role. Hope this helps some. You won't regret a NS board purchase well worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
NSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
NSI

Oh and I'm 33 years old not that helps or plays role but we are close in age that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
NSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I saw go for the Lotus. Slightly stiffer than the Infinity so it will better for your weight and be a board you can progress on and freeride for years to come.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote