Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   High back Bindings? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/5616-high-back-bindings.html)

bentley_boarder 05-29-2008 07:26 AM

High back Bindings?

hey guys,

Just wondering if i could get some advice on bindings. I am new to snowboarding, went once and hired board, boots and bindings. I have bought a ROME solution board for this time round, and are looking at buying some boots and bindings. I have seen some bindings i really like, the Burton Triads, and the RIDE CAD ones. These both say they have a "high back" but to be honest i really dont know what this means in regards to the performance of the binding or what affect they will have on my snowboarding. I have been told not to get the "high back" bindings, as these are more for parks? I am looking for a set of all mountain bindings, as this will only be the second time ive been, and ill just be cruising the slopes, maybe trying a few tiny jumps, nothing too complicated or exciting. Are the high backs the wrong way to go? should i avoid them, or should it be a deciding factor not to get them? i really like the style of the Triads and the CADs, which would be better? my friends have bought the Burton Mission bindings, i dont want to get the same as them, but if i really shouldnt get the high backs i might have to go this way. Does the high back hurt the back of your leg? You can see how much i know about snowboarding :laugh: so i would really appreciate any help.

Thanks alot! have a good one!

Nathan

killclimbz 05-29-2008 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Isn't that statement about forward lean the opposite? I always thought the pipe monkey likes forward lean, and some of the park guys. Most freeriders don't seem to use much if any forward lean at all. I've been noticing in many of the pro profiles, that very few guys are running much forward lean these days anyway. I know I run maybe a notch or two of FL but it's almost none. Just enough enough to engage a little quicker on heelside turns.

Simply^Ride 05-29-2008 10:46 AM

If you are looking to buy bindings, get the 390's they rock, by far the best bindings I have ever ridden in. A fellow member is selling a bland new pair here http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...html#post52497

Don't look any further, do some research about the 390's and you will see that most people love them.

bentley_boarder 05-30-2008 12:35 AM

hi guys, thanks for all the help! have fun boarding, i sure will :thumbsup:

Simply^Ride 05-30-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentley_boarder (Post 52588)
hi guys, thanks for all the help! have fun boarding, i sure will :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like a bye bye.... oh well one more in one more out... Kind of sucks actually..

Most of these guys just come for info, once they get what they are looking for the disappear FOREVER...

I hope I am wrong :dunno:

Dcp584 05-30-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply^Ride (Post 52593)
Sounds to me like a bye bye.... oh well one more in one more out... Kind of sucks actually..

Most of these guys just come for info, once they get what they are looking for the disappear FOREVER...

I hope I am wrong :dunno:

I feel so dirty and used.....

Simply^Ride 05-30-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcp584 (Post 52595)
I feel so dirty and used.....

What are you talking about you didn't even post in this thread till now :laugh:, joking :p

bentley_boarder 05-30-2008 07:45 AM

i didnt even buy you dinner first...

naa i just was saying thanks for the info on this topic and wishing everyone a good time boarding! letting people know ive got some advice, id still read more posts if they were put up, but as well i dont know what input i can have, ive only been boarding once... but im registered now so ill definatly be checking up on whats happening and checking out this forum every now and then for sure. im not afriad of commitment, we can make it work.

But really big thanks guys for the info, if i could do something in return i would.

Simply^Ride 05-30-2008 07:48 AM

^^^^ The off-topic section is always a good place to start :dunno:

bentley_boarder 05-30-2008 07:53 AM

Ok cool. By the way love the dancing spider man!!! hahahaha!!! havent seen that in Ages!!! cracked me up when i saw it just then :laugh: