Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   All-Mountain Board that's Powder Friendly (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/57209-all-mountain-board-thats-powder-friendly.html)

Frozone10 01-21-2013 07:01 PM

All-Mountain Board that's Powder Friendly

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new board and would like your help in choosing. I am an advanced rider that likes to carve groomers, go into tight trees, hit the natural jumps, and get in the powder when it's available. I don't visit the park that much. I'm hoping to get a one board that fits all my needs; a board that can keep an edge on ice yet float in pow. So far I have researched off thegoodride.com and selected some boards that might suit me best:

-Never Summer Premier F1
-Never Summer Cobra
-Jones Mountain Twin
-Lib Tech La Nina MC
-Lib Tech Phoenix Lando
-Yes Pick Your Line

If you have have had any experience with any of these boards and would like to recommend one please do so. Please elaborate on why you prefer that board. Feel free to suggest a new board that you think will suit me too.

Thanks a lot,
Dylan

m0rph3us 01-21-2013 07:46 PM

From what you wrote, I'm a pretty similar skill level and style - I'm maybe slightly more freestyle oriented but near enough.

I got a Ride Machete 2012 in the middle of last year and I freakin' love it. It handles the hard-pack and sometimes icy stuff at home (New Zealand) well, and I had great fun riding it at Whistler in early Jan on the groomers, powder, and tree runs.

It's not the most buttery board in the world but it sounds like that's not really your thing anyways.

In the 2013 line they introduced a GT version as well, seems like it's maybe a little stiffer, so that could be worth a look too.

Supra 01-21-2013 07:52 PM

burton juice wagon
rossignol experience
K2 ultra dream

blunted_nose 01-21-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 612577)
burton juice wagon
rossignol experience
K2 ultra dream

Experience is one stiff ass. Ultra dream looks sick. Juice wagon looks sick.
Thought i might add on some useless shit.

bordsmnj 01-21-2013 09:49 PM

Salomon Burner would fit the bill. get a size bigger than you think you need and enjoy the extra speed and control. any "tapperd directional" is were its at if your not going to the park. .02-Jas

djsaad1 01-21-2013 11:20 PM

I am not a big fan of thegoodrides reviews, I usually tend to love the boards they hate.

Either way, I recommend the Arbor Coda, really fun board and can do everything you need.

stupidmop 01-22-2013 12:16 AM

I ride a pick your line, and my style is similar to yours. It's a sturdy board, holds an edge well, and is shaped perfectly to float through POW. I really like it and and am so happy with it. I don't have experience with the other boards you mentioned so I can't compare them.

WasatchMan 01-22-2013 12:32 AM

I'd go either of these

Ride - Berzerker

Never Summer - SL/Legacy

Never Summer - Heritage/Cobra

Gnu Billy - Goat

Lib Tech - TRS

Frozone10 01-22-2013 03:58 AM

Thanks for all your help so far!
-Dylan

Mysticfalcon 01-22-2013 04:56 AM

I would think that you would love the Never Summer Cobra. I Found the Premier to be a little too much of a tank. It is a surprisingly quick turning tank but still a tank.
With Never Summer I like to think of the SL as the true go anywhere board and the Cobra is the go anywhere board for people that don't spend a lot of time in the park.