All Mtn board suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default All Mtn board suggestions

So I'm looking for an all mountain board suggestion, I mostly stay here in NC and do weekend trips with my buddies so the confitioms are usually on the icy side but I'll get 2 trips in a year to somewhere a little better in West Virginia or Colorado or something. Looking for suggestions. So far I've got it narrowed down to

Burton Sherlock
Burton Custom
Capita NAS
K2 Raygun

Any help would be really appreciated
Brian222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Don't get the Sherlock for all mountain stuff. I have one, it's a powder/freestyle board and doesn't hold an edge particularly well on icy and/or steep runs and is chattery at high speeds. The other boards are all solid options, you also might want to check out Lib Tech and Gnu boards like the TRS, T. Rice Pro, and Rider's Choice. Magnatraction is great on ice and those boards are all mountain boards that can take on any conditions. Never Summer also makes great boards, the Heritage, Premier F1, or SL could all suit your needs.
suburbanlegend8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply man I'm kinda leaning towards the capita NAS after reading some great reviews. My only question is according to "the good ride" review it's turning initiation is challenging, what does that even mean? Haha i am not a new snowboarder but I've never gotten into all the tech and what not so if someone can explain that to me? I assume it's how hard you have to kick your back foot essentially to start turning but that's just a educated guess
Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian222 View Post
Thanks for the reply man I'm kinda leaning towards the capita NAS after reading some great reviews. My only question is according to "the good ride" review it's turning initiation is challenging, what does that even mean? Haha i am not a new snowboarder but I've never gotten into all the tech and what not so if someone can explain that to me? I assume it's how hard you have to kick your back foot essentially to start turning but that's just a educated guess
1) The goodride is crap, I wouldn't really trust them from your grandma's opinion to be honest. 2) Turn initiation starts with your front foot, not ruddering with your back foot. 3) I don't know much about the NAS from Capita, but I have rode several boards from them and have enjoyed them all. In fact I am selling my Ride Berzerker because I just bought a Capita DOA.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ahhh that's a bummer seeing as how easy to read and compare their reviews are but thank you for the info it's good to know. I'm really leaning towards the capita now. I was thinking to go with them some Burton Cartel's and 32 lashed boots. Think that's a good combo or should I not even bother with the reflex stuff burton has? I love the idea of how they did the plates do it will flex with the board which would really be nice to have if I do go with the capita as its stiffer than what I'm used to already. Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate all your help
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Re: All Mtn board suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian222 View Post
Ahhh that's a bummer seeing as how easy to read and compare their reviews are but thank you for the info it's good to know. I'm really leaning towards the capita now. I was thinking to go with them some Burton Cartel's and 32 lashed boots. Think that's a good combo or should I not even bother with the reflex stuff burton has? I love the idea of how they did the plates do it will flex with the board which would really be nice to have if I do go with the capita as its stiffer than what I'm used to already. Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate all your help
I rode cartels on the capita I demo'd the other day and I really liked them. They are an over all loved binding by lots of people. I really don't think you could go wrong with them. As far as the boots go I will say nothing because I know nothing about them and don't want to give bad advice.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
1) In fact I am selling my Ride Berzerker because I just bought a Capita DOA.
Two completely different boards, but ok. Both good ones though.

From Capita I think you'll have more fun on something like the Outdoor, Indoor, or DOA than the NAS unless you know you like classically built full traditional camber boards.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for all the advice guys. Will the "turning initiation" cause a problem? I mean I'm not a new boarder but I'm no expert that for sure. I don't wanna bite off more than I can chew and end up with a board that is over my head
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think the Capita Black Snowboard of Death and Totally Fk'n Awesome would be right up your alley. Both pretty aggressive boards you can charge the whole mountain on and a little better forgiveness and float in pow than the NAS.
suburbanlegend8 is offline   Reply With Quote