Buying advice for complete Setup, Board, Binding, and Boots - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rph3us View Post
I don't agree with this. I originally had this view but pretty much every instructor or salesperson or random dude on the chair I've asked has just said to find something you enjoy riding, irrespective of camber or rocker, and go with that.
and in what way those instructors sales guy and random dude makes ur comment more valid?
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weipim View Post
and in what way those instructors sales guy and random dude makes ur comment more valid?
Because out of 20+ people plus a number on the forums here, they all pretty much said 'don't worry too much about camber, just get something you enjoy riding'. If it was just one guy, sure, but we're talking about a lot of very experienced riders and instructors here all saying pretty much the same thing.
m0rph3us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Because out of 20+ people plus a number on the forums here, they all pretty much said 'don't worry too much about camber, just get something you enjoy riding'. If it was just one guy, sure, but we're talking about a lot of very experienced riders and instructors here all saying pretty much the same thing.
which include u who just suggested a Wide board to a size 10 boots rider?

that tells a lot on how much u know abt equipments.

u cant just use macro perspectives ontp any question, u r not helping at all
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
u have 800 dollars more less, first go out and find a good pair of boots try 20plus pairs find the one thats most comfy and snug on ur heels

lace type is important, i like double boa and speed lace loose up from time so this sucks

then use the remaining money on a board; being on east coast u may want a lib, gnu, never summer or anything that has wavy edges, those grabs ice better

as far as legacy, its totally fine even if u r worry abt its a fs board. for instance a premier f1 is way too much for beginner as a freeride board.

however i di recommend u a camber board for better fundamental technique learning so u trade off lesrning curve speed for skill profficiency

last thing, get a medium flex bindings that fits ur boot well, bring boots when buying bindings

if u have money left, sign up for advanced lessons
thanks man

yes thinking about some more advanced classes, what is annoying me is I do blue (some single blacks) without any stupid mistakes but sometimes i fall getting off from chair-lift lol embarrassing.

so all of you saying that boots are really important, any recommended brand model, also would you buy all at once or boot first then binding and board together

how do you tell the stifness of a binding? do boots have these features like soft, stiff too?

can you guys recon some boot, binding brands models and more board???

Last edited by vknyvz; 01-23-2013 at 02:55 PM.
vknyvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
thanks man

yes thinking about some more advanced classes, what is annoying me is I do blue (some single blacks) without any stupid mistakes but sometimes i fall getting off from chair-lift lol embarrassing.

so all of you saying that boots are really important, any recommended brand model, also would you buy all at once or boot first then binding and board together

can you guys recon some boot, binding brands models and more board???

how do you tell the stifness of a binding? do boots have these features like soft, stiff too?
dude honestly u can use the search button and start using words like legacy, legacy + boots, binding stiffness etc

u will have more info a lot faster than waiting for us tailoring to u

also the sticky post is good
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
which include u who just suggested a Wide board to a size 10 boots rider?

that tells a lot on how much u know abt equipments.

u cant just use macro perspectives ontp any question, u r not helping at all
Seriously, read the thread before you start calling me out. The OP said size 12 or 13 boots. I'm size 12, so yeah I think I am pretty qualified to suggest a wide board is what he wants given that's exactly what I ride.

The guy is welcome to take my advice or leave it, but he's asking for advice and since I'm pretty similar in terms of a lot of the specs I thought I might be able to help. Let's not derail this thread into a pretty pointless debate.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
dude honestly u can use the search button and start using words like legacy, legacy + boots, binding stiffness etc

u will have more info a lot faster than waiting for us tailoring to u

also the sticky post is good
before asking here, i seriously didn't think boots is all that important, lol it's just a shoe, anywho let me do some search then
do let me know though if any brands/models you guys suggest
Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
before asking here, i seriously didn't think boots is all that important, lol it's just a shoe, anywho let me do some search then
I'd say boots are as important as the board. Bindings less so.

Comfortable, good-fitting boots that suit the style of riding you're after will help you learn and progress a lot quicker and will make your day on the hill a lot more enjoyable!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd say boots are as important as the board. Bindings less so.

Comfortable, good-fitting boots that suit the style of riding you're after will help you learn and progress a lot quicker and will make your day on the hill a lot more enjoyable!
so been checking the Burton Cartel Snowboard Bindings, coz atlas and union sl don't seem to have good reviews online. this burton do have it on the L size (idk sometimes i wear 12 sometimes 13).

what was the first boot you bought?

also there's no info on any binding is being soft or stiff, how to know?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
so been checking the Burton Cartel Snowboard Bindings, coz atlas and union sl don't seem to have good reviews online. this burton do have it on the L size (idk sometimes i wear 12 sometimes 13).

what was the first boot you bought?

also there's no info on any binding is being soft or stiff, how to know?
I've actually just bought some Cartels but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Most bindings will have a stiffness rating from 1-10 (10 being the stiffest) - try the manufacturers page or even one of the big websites like tactics.com has it on each product page. The Cartels are a 6 or a 7 I think which is about right for an all around binding. Different manufacturers sometimes rate stiffness slightly differently but it's a pretty good starting point.

I've found the Union bindings ride pretty well but aren't always the most durable.

First boots I had were Salomons, I honestly can't remember what type sorry. They were OK but pretty sore on the ankles while I was breaking them in (although they were fine after that). They were starting to wear in a few places after 3 weeks or so of riding. The Burton Rulers are really comfortable, ride well, and have pretty much no signs of wear after the 15-20 days I've ridden them so far.