edge tuning.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default edge tuning..

Question about base edge tuning and side edge tuning for a ride kink and a burton royale...Should i leave a nice sharp 90 degree angle or should i bevel the side edge and leave the base edge or should i bevel the base edge and leave the side edge or should i bevel both the base and side...Let me know what you think for each of the boards...Thank You everyone for your help
coldblood92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoardNbob

Well, I don't really know a whole lot seeing that i just bought my first board two weeks ago, but from what ive read, it seems that a 2 degree bevel is good for riding park so you don't catch an edge on a rail, but you def want to have your edge at 90 degrees, so if you bevel the bottom edge, you have to bevel the side so it still makes a 90 degree angle, that way you can still dig in to carve

Like i said, im no expert tho
Anybody feel free to correct me if im wrong
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lazz

I'm a noob and just got a new board. (GNU CBH MTX)

Need advice on prep-ing it to ride.

It's factory waxed, but i believe they're not very good quality and I should wax it properly before riding. Correct?
I've heard that you should do it 2-3 times before you ride! Is it OK to just wax it once before-hand?

Now... the main thing I'm not too sure about is tuning / de-tuning.
Plan to mainly ride all-mountain and just cruise, take it easy since i'm still a beginner. It's gonna be quite icy in AUS.

How important is it to tune/detune? Can I just leave the edges as is?
I believe a good side/base bevel for all-mountain is 1 degree each way (still keeping 90degs)? Opinions on this?

How, and how much should I detune the effective edge/nose/tail, and how do I know it's blunt/smooth enough?

I'm pretty sure it's better to tune/detune before waxing yes?
I should have a metal file (gotta rumage through dads tool box). I've seen people use one on youtube etc. Is that good enough or will it be too harsh on the board.

Any thoughts on how I should approach the side-edges considering the MTX has a wave/serrated edge?

Appreciate your help.