Burton - Custom Wide ICS - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
TigerWolf

Default Burton - Custom Wide ICS

Anyone ride one of these? I have been checking out the burton boards and was wondering how the new technology for the bindings went and if this was a good board. Also how much difference the wide will make, I have size 13 shoes so trying to figure out if its right for me without actually trying it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I havn't ridden a Custom. But I have ridden a board with ICS, and it was meh @ best. The area for the sliders feel like one giant dead spot. As for your feet size, are the size 13's shoe or boot size?
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
JTSECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
I havn't ridden a Custom. But I have ridden a board with ICS, and it was meh @ best. The area for the sliders feel like one giant dead spot. As for your feet size, are the size 13's shoe or boot size?

could you go a little further in explaining because I was seriously looking to buy the custom ics? It seems it would be awesome but I could be wrong
Old 06-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
TigerWolf

13 is my shoe size, not boot size. The review I saw on some site said that they where good because the new connection to the board gave you more feedback.

One of the big problems though is that you have to buy burton bindings. A way for them to make more money.

Here is the wikipedia article - wanna know how much of this is true or just hype:
Quote:
Burton ICS
Burton started utilizing a single channel binding mounting system on their 2006 Jeremy Jones pro model called the Infinite Channel System (ICS). The ICS system is claimed by Burton to be the most responsive binding setup possible when paired with the Burton EST binding. In 2007, the ICS system has found its way to the X8, Jeremy Jones, Custom and the Un..Inc snowboard lines. Jeremy Jones has been the largest advocate of the ICS System, claiming it is responsive enough to be able to feel the snowboard in ways that were unthinkable before.
Are any of the other ICS boards better?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSECK View Post
could you go a little further in explaining because I was seriously looking to buy the custom ics? It seems it would be awesome but I could be wrong
When you flex the board by pressing it, the slots for where the bindings would go basically felt flat. It felt like it didn't have any sort of flex to it. I don't know if that makes any sense at all.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
TigerWolf

Did you use EST bindings with it? Some of the reviews say you only get the best out of them when you do. From reading all about it looks like I might give these a miss. Something more complicated I dont need until I ridden for a big longer and know the situations that I want to change my stance.

Last edited by TigerWolf; 06-15-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
NzGnu

haha i thought it just gave ya more stance options cause JJ is all about the customizability of his gear. dunno where i heard that though.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
TigerWolf

Thats the main advantage of it that I have read - if you go through powder you can have it at a setting and then if you wanna do jumps or boxes you can quickly change it on the mountain without any tools.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
JTSECK

you can use it with any binding, it comes with an adapter
Old 06-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
TigerWolf

Ok, misunderstood. So you can you use the new bindings only with the new boards but the new boards work with other bindings.