Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Coda and Wasteland (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/58465-coda-wasteland.html)

djsaad1 01-24-2013 11:31 AM

Coda and Wasteland

I had a coda and loved it until it got stolen.

I was about to buy another one but then noticed the wasteland. It seems like its the same shape with a different core.

Am I going to notice much of a difference with the wasteland? I like the top sheet more on the wasteland that's why I was thinking about changing.

seriouscat 01-24-2013 01:57 PM

Coda and Wasteland

Dude you ever seen the wasteland in person? It's definitely stiffer than coda.

djsaad1 01-24-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seriouscat (Post 629409)
Dude you ever seen the wasteland in person? It's definitely stiffer than coda.

Thats odd, the website shows the wasteland as more of a park/all mountain board while showing the coda as more freeride/all mountain. You would think the coda would be stiffer.

Arbor

Basti 01-24-2013 02:13 PM

I find that Arbor aren't very good at describing their boards. I have a Coda and held the Wasteland in my hands. These boards aren't really comparable even though the description on Arbors website could make you think so. As seriouscat said, the Wasteland feels stiffer. That's not on-snow experience though. Just what I've found during flex tests at a store.

djsaad1 01-24-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basti (Post 629521)
I find that Arbor aren't very good at describing their boards. I have a Coda and held the Wasteland in my hands. These boards aren't really comparable even though the description on Arbors website could make you think so. As seriouscat said, the Wasteland feels stiffer. That's not on-snow experience though. Just what I've found during flex tests at a store.

On that note I am going to go with what I know, and I know I really liked the Coda.

scotty100 01-24-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basti (Post 629521)

+100 to that. I find Arbor's board mapping matrix a waste of space. They need to do a better job describing the differences between their boards...if you didn't know better everything would seem to be mid flex...

jdang307 01-24-2013 07:29 PM

Arbor confuses themselves on their boards. They've given me contradictory answers a few times.

Coda = Fun. Wondering what the new shape will bring.