Board question about the camber/rocker combinations out there - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

i am thinking Never summer legacy or cobra x, both wide 161 or 160cms

that camber sticky is hard to understand lol i didn't get it too good too

yea nothing ever exciting happens in the east coast, stuff usually happens in CO, or west coast
vknyvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Never Summer, Ride, and Capita are the best boards, durability wise, feel, and customer service. I would look into Never Summer Heritage or Cobra, Capita Black Snowboard of Death, and look into the Ride DH.

Last edited by AssassinMonLV; 01-25-2013 at 04:52 PM.
AssassinMonLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinMonLV View Post
Never Summer, Ride, and Capita are the best boards, durability wise, feel, and customer service. I would look into Never Summer Heritage or Cobra, Capita Black Snowboard of Death, and the Ride DH. I'm not sure you'd like the DH because Ride hasn't changed their profiles that much.
Capita the best board durability wise? Not like the DH? Are you retarded?
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post

I stand corrected! Yeah, that's an interesting one...
My situation was VERY similar to that of the original poster in a lot ways. I started out wanting to ape my old, stiff Ride Timeless with trad camber because, well, it was all I ever knew. For whatever reason, I ultimately decided on two boards: the Forum Destroyer Doubledog (like above) and a Rossi Jibsaw (rocker under the feet).

I've been alternating between the two, but I've mostly stuck with the Forum because it does not wash out like the Jibsaw does (and the conditions being shitty this season, there has been NO powder where I ride, making the Forum a more logical choice anyway).

I've been REALLY happy with the Doubledog profile. In the instances in which I'm not trying to slide down hard-packed, icy runs, the Jibsaw has been great as well (especially in the chop).

I'd recommend trying out a Destroyer DDG, if at all possible. Yes, it's a true twin Freestyle board, but I go pretty fast and it doesn't get squirrely. This being the last year of Forum, I don't know if they bother demoing anymore, but you might be able to pick up a 2012 somewhere for cheap (like I did).

Last edited by Planet Boulder; 01-24-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Planet Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1snwbrdr12 View Post
just visualizing it through the pictures i've seen everywhere, it seems camber/rocker/camber would benefit on hardpack where you fight to hold an edge at times.
Camber will have the best edgehold. For proof of this look at every race board ever built!

Honestly if you're not catching edges and having issues on your current camber board, and you're never going to ride DEEP powder, why not just stick with a newer camber board? Get something with the right width for you (there are some calcs on this forum to help with that), not wider than you need, and you should have a good time with it.

The new board I've got is camber for the most part, but the nose is lifted for about the front foot. Designed to have lift in deep powder, but not necessary for riding mainly groomers.

The other thing you could do if you're looking for just a cruiser board is buy one with a flat base. It's the middle between both extremes.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html
Demo days are your friend. Personal preference really, just avoid any type of banana rocker for your type of riding
what does banana rocker type mean?

are lib tech attack banana's this style? they were recommended by a local shop when i went to buy a helmet tonight.

they weren't so much helping me determine what combination of camber and rocker is better for me, but basically pointing out a couple boards they like...attack banana, ride machete gt, and gnu rider's choice.
t1snwbrdr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1snwbrdr12 View Post
what does banana rocker type mean?

are lib tech attack banana's this style? they were recommended by a local shop when i went to buy a helmet tonight.

they weren't so much helping me determine what combination of camber and rocker is better for me, but basically pointing out a couple boards they like...attack banana, ride machete gt, and gnu rider's choice.

Go on Libtechs site and check out the diagram/profile of attack banana. That is banana. I had one and sold it. Went back to a more camber profile.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Capita the best board durability wise? Not like the DH? Are you retarded?
No I know about Ride, I have a Ride. I was suggesting if he didn't like Ride to look at those other boards. Sorry if that riled you up, didn't me what you thought.
AssassinMonLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

I see why Attack Banana may not be the best...guess I shoulda seen lib tech's site before asking that. I haven't been on their site in particular yet and it's nice that they have each of their board's diagramed. They do have couple that are ideal for hardpack/ice it says...btx enhanced banana. They're still called banana though. Is that just their name? It's just a combination of rocker/camber with a special name, isn't it? Or is all their banana stuff different somehow? Just trying to figure out what boards to rule out...

Neversummer's seem nice.
Some Jones boards?
Ride Machete GT
t1snwbrdr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinMonLV View Post
Never Summer, Ride, and Capita are the best boards, durability wise, feel, and customer service. I would look into Never Summer Heritage or Cobra, Capita Black Snowboard of Death, and the Ride DH. I'm not sure you'd like the DH because Ride hasn't changed their profiles that much.
please stop
sixpoint is offline   Reply With Quote