rossignol first board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Default rossignol first board

Looking to get my first board just recently started and am pretty much staying on the mountain for now no park. I'm kinda on a budget so i narrowed it down to the Rossignol angus or Rossignol taipan on the good ride the reviews were pretty good does anyone else know anything else about them? I'm also getting Rome Libertine boots and forum faction bindings if that matter. Thanks
philip159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 389
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip159 View Post
Looking to get my first board just recently started and am pretty much staying on the mountain for now no park. I'm kinda on a budget so i narrowed it down to the Rossignol angus or Rossignol taipan on the good ride the reviews were pretty good does anyone else know anything else about them? I'm also getting Rome Libertine boots and forum faction bindings if that matter. Thanks
I ride an Angus - it's one of my boards. A very balanced all mountain board - damp, stable and predictable. Does everything very well. Borderline excellent in powder for a directional twin. Plowed through 2' of pow, no problems, even with a centered stance. Never ridden a Taipan, hear it's a little softer than the Angus, but very similar. Both boards, for the build quality, ride and the tech that goes into them, best deal out there.
__________________
You won the rat race, you say? What does that make you... first rat?
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 20
Default

I've ridden the Taipan and One Mag. The One Mag fits my style of riding better, but I loved the Taipan for more mellow riding...great in soft snow and plenty of pop and edge hold. You definitely can't go wrong with it for your "first" board. EVO had some good deals on the Taipan a while ago, you might check there.
southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 20
Default

Just checked EVO - in their outlet section they have last year's Taipan in a few sizes for $192 + 30 percent off + free shipping.

$135 for a new board delivered to your door seems like a pretty smokin' deal.
southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Default

For a beginner I'd actually start with a nice smaller jibsaw if they have one, which is such a sweet, playful easy ride with mag traction and a good amount of rocker that would be a ton of fun for a beginner. But if your looking for something a little more aggressive I'd spend the little extra money and get the award winning Angus that everyone seems to be stoked on.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
Just checked EVO - in their outlet section they have last year's Taipan in a few sizes for $192 + 30 percent off + free shipping.

$135 for a new board delivered to your door seems like a pretty smokin' deal.
that is a very good price but the angus is only 154 so they are pretty much the same price thats why im having a hard time deciding. Also i wear a size 10.5 boot would i need a mw or is a regular board just fine?
philip159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip159 View Post
that is a very good price but the angus is only 154 so they are pretty much the same price thats why im having a hard time deciding. Also i wear a size 10.5 boot would i need a mw or is a regular board just fine?
Exactly, that's why I would go with the Angus. But your right 154 is small. I have a brandnew 162 Angus in the wrapper. With your foot size id go with the MW myself.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
WasatchMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,029
Default

My buddy has a rosi angus and loves it. He usually shreds mammoth, bear and jackson and he said it excels at everything those mountains have to offer, deep heavy pow at mammoth, blasting groomers and side-hits at bear and kills it at Jackson with light fluffy pow and dropping cliffs.

I am going to pick one up today because my work has a 2011 for extremely cheap..like I had to ask if it was mid-marked..so stoked - I might buy two!

Edit: call your local dicks sporting goods, the two in my area have them for $45!!! Originally $400!

Last edited by WasatchMan; 01-25-2013 at 02:57 PM.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
My buddy has a rosi angus and loves it. He usually shreds mammoth, bear and jackson and he said it excels at everything those mountains have to offer, deep heavy pow at mammoth, blasting groomers and side-hits at bear and kills it at Jackson with light fluffy pow and dropping cliffs.

I am going to pick one up today because my work has a 2011 for extremely cheap..like I had to ask if it was mid-marked..so stoked - I might buy two!

Edit: call your local dicks sporting goods, the two in my area have them for $45!!! Originally $400!
45$, you'd be smart to buy them all and re-sale them...where is this Dicks Sporting goods??
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Sudden_Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa, On
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip159 View Post
that is a very good price but the angus is only 154 so they are pretty much the same price thats why im having a hard time deciding. Also i wear a size 10.5 boot would i need a mw or is a regular board just fine?
At 10.5 a normal board would be just fine. Zero need for a mid at that size.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums