rossignol first board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default rossignol first board

Looking to get my first board just recently started and am pretty much staying on the mountain for now no park. I'm kinda on a budget so i narrowed it down to the Rossignol angus or Rossignol taipan on the good ride the reviews were pretty good does anyone else know anything else about them? I'm also getting Rome Libertine boots and forum faction bindings if that matter. Thanks
philip159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip159 View Post
Looking to get my first board just recently started and am pretty much staying on the mountain for now no park. I'm kinda on a budget so i narrowed it down to the Rossignol angus or Rossignol taipan on the good ride the reviews were pretty good does anyone else know anything else about them? I'm also getting Rome Libertine boots and forum faction bindings if that matter. Thanks
I ride an Angus - it's one of my boards. A very balanced all mountain board - damp, stable and predictable. Does everything very well. Borderline excellent in powder for a directional twin. Plowed through 2' of pow, no problems, even with a centered stance. Never ridden a Taipan, hear it's a little softer than the Angus, but very similar. Both boards, for the build quality, ride and the tech that goes into them, best deal out there.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've ridden the Taipan and One Mag. The One Mag fits my style of riding better, but I loved the Taipan for more mellow riding...great in soft snow and plenty of pop and edge hold. You definitely can't go wrong with it for your "first" board. EVO had some good deals on the Taipan a while ago, you might check there.
southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Just checked EVO - in their outlet section they have last year's Taipan in a few sizes for $192 + 30 percent off + free shipping.

$135 for a new board delivered to your door seems like a pretty smokin' deal.
southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

For a beginner I'd actually start with a nice smaller jibsaw if they have one, which is such a sweet, playful easy ride with mag traction and a good amount of rocker that would be a ton of fun for a beginner. But if your looking for something a little more aggressive I'd spend the little extra money and get the award winning Angus that everyone seems to be stoked on.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
Just checked EVO - in their outlet section they have last year's Taipan in a few sizes for $192 + 30 percent off + free shipping.

$135 for a new board delivered to your door seems like a pretty smokin' deal.
that is a very good price but the angus is only 154 so they are pretty much the same price thats why im having a hard time deciding. Also i wear a size 10.5 boot would i need a mw or is a regular board just fine?
philip159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
that is a very good price but the angus is only 154 so they are pretty much the same price thats why im having a hard time deciding. Also i wear a size 10.5 boot would i need a mw or is a regular board just fine?
Exactly, that's why I would go with the Angus. But your right 154 is small. I have a brandnew 162 Angus in the wrapper. With your foot size id go with the MW myself.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My buddy has a rosi angus and loves it. He usually shreds mammoth, bear and jackson and he said it excels at everything those mountains have to offer, deep heavy pow at mammoth, blasting groomers and side-hits at bear and kills it at Jackson with light fluffy pow and dropping cliffs.

I am going to pick one up today because my work has a 2011 for extremely cheap..like I had to ask if it was mid-marked..so stoked - I might buy two!

Edit: call your local dicks sporting goods, the two in my area have them for $45!!! Originally $400!

Last edited by WasatchMan; 01-25-2013 at 02:57 PM.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
My buddy has a rosi angus and loves it. He usually shreds mammoth, bear and jackson and he said it excels at everything those mountains have to offer, deep heavy pow at mammoth, blasting groomers and side-hits at bear and kills it at Jackson with light fluffy pow and dropping cliffs.

I am going to pick one up today because my work has a 2011 for extremely cheap..like I had to ask if it was mid-marked..so stoked - I might buy two!

Edit: call your local dicks sporting goods, the two in my area have them for $45!!! Originally $400!
45$, you'd be smart to buy them all and re-sale them...where is this Dicks Sporting goods??
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
At 10.5 a normal board would be just fine. Zero need for a mid at that size.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote