Will these work well together? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will these work well together?

So its taken me a while to choose my first set-up, but I have finally decided on the Arbor Westmark and k2 Formula bindings. Would these work well together?

I am 5ft 9, 140 pounds and own a pair of size US 10 Thirtytwo Prion boots.

Should I get L or XL bindings?

Also... Last year I rode a rental (very poor condition) board with my current boots. I had to clamp my feet into the bindings so tight in order to get any kind of responsiveness that it really hurt. I was in agony by the time I got to the chairlift and had to loosen my leading foot off whilst going back up to get some relief. Does this sound like an issue with the bindings, or my boots? My boots feel very tight and snug when they're on, but there is lots or room to wiggle my toes and I had lift my heel off the bed if I push with the balls of my feet. I have very skinny feet, these boots were the skinniest fit in the shop and the size down was too short.
Jammy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

mate, i think you're an L size, I am 12 so I am def. XL,

yup all of those rentals are horrible, couple weeks ago boot I rented gave me a big O shape blister, and I still see it, like many said here, boots are so important and now I know why.
I can't answer your question about the boots, but I want to know the answer too from a more experienced rider
vknyvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Most people who complain about foot pain tend to tighten their boots/binding straps too tight. Put your boots on and lace them up as if you were going to go riding and wear them around the house. If your feet aren't in pain then it's possibly your bindings. Some straps cause pressure points resulting in pain. Keep in mind your gear doesn't need to be super tight to have optimal control/performace.
BackLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackLip View Post
Most people who complain about foot pain tend to tighten their boots/binding straps too tight. Put your boots on and lace them up as if you were going to go riding and wear them around the house. If your feet aren't in pain then it's possibly your bindings. Some straps cause pressure points resulting in pain. Keep in mind your gear doesn't need to be super tight to have optimal control/performace.
what do you mean they dont need to be tight, then wouldn't your feet move inside the boot when you try to turn/carve etc. ?
vknyvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

I said super tight. Some movement inside the boot is fine. You want it to be snug but tight is overdoing it. As long as the boot fits your foot properly and you don't get a lot of lift in the heel the boot doesn't need to be tight.
With bindings as long as your boot fits properly in your binding the straps don't need to be ratcheted til it feels tight. Keep in mind that fit is personal preference.
BackLip is offline   Reply With Quote