Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   new bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/5888-new-bindings.html)

dashock333 06-19-2008 09:20 PM

new bindings

I currently have liquid lq 1500 bindings and I'm getting a new board. Should I get new bindings too? If so, what should I get? Moneys kinda tight right now so keep that in mind for suggestions. Thanks.

Minger 06-19-2008 09:52 PM

Yes to new bindings.

What do you ride and what boot size?

Simply^Ride 06-19-2008 11:48 PM

it's a good idea to get new binding, but only if you can afford them :laugh:.

What type of riding do you do?

dashock333 06-20-2008 10:07 AM

me

I wear a size 12 shoe, though I've never had actual snowboard boots so I don't know what size boot I take(I used my huntin boots because they fit, :D). I ride mostly groomers and diamonds, a little park once every trip. I usually just carve and fly down the slopes with friends. :p

Gustov 06-20-2008 10:24 AM

you should definitely go buy some snowboard boots. they're the most important part of the setup. brand doesn't matter really, just go to a shop and try a bunch on and see which ones are comfortable.

dashock333 06-20-2008 11:49 AM

boots

I am definately gonna get boots. I Only went snowboarding a few times last year and didn't feel like spending any money on them. But I am going a lot more this year and it is gonna be a must to have them. I'll prolly visit some local shops and maybe dick's sporting goods to see what they have.

About the bindings, I have never used any other bindings than my liquid's. Are liquid's considered good bindings? I think they are made by ride, which is a good name.

killclimbz 06-20-2008 12:07 PM

On the boot front. Some boot manufacturers are better than others. Burton, Vans, Salomon, and Nitro in my experience make boots that hold up. Now some I don't like for various reasons, but all these companies make boots that hold up. I have had issues with DC and so have lots of others, 32 is pretty much the shoddiest construction of the bunch. You'll have to do a little research on the quality of the products you are interested in but it's well worth your time. Believe me when I say this. Still waiting on my boots from DC dammit!

Gustov 06-20-2008 01:16 PM

i don't really know about liquid stuff, but i don't think they are of the highest quality. i have a friend who has liquid stuff, and he basically says it's crap. i can suggest some ride bindings though. EX or RX are good all mountain bindings that aren't that expensive. i have EXs and i can only say good things about em.

Mr. Right 06-20-2008 02:58 PM

If you buy Burton boots don't go cheap. I had a pair of Ions that lasted 3 hard years for me before the speedlace system started to give way. At the end of last season I bought some Burton Rulers and the speed lace system starting pulling apart the first time I tightened them. Within 25 days of riding the boots were completely shot and they will be returned to Dogfunk in favor of a pair of Salomons.

dashock333 06-20-2008 04:12 PM

$

How much should I expect to pay for good boots and bindings? Can I get package deals on these items? I saw some vans mantra boots for $60 which caught my attention and seem like good boots.

Bindings: I found some rather cheap rides and burtons:
Burton freestyle - $55
Ride LX - $60
What do ya think?