User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:39 PM
guille_smg

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Bindings: EST or Cartel EST?

I got my new Burton X8 a couple days ago and I haven't yet decided which bindings I should go for.

There are just three EST models; EST, Un Inc EST and Cartel EST. I don't really like Un Inc's colours, so I guess my options are EST or Cartel.

What do you think?

EST look better, but I've owned regular Cartels and I loved them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:01 PM
har.hurry

i havent riden the est's yet but the cartels are perfect for everything..no matter if u like park or pow they work well for everything...so if u choose the cartels you cant go wrong but haven said tht i havent riden the est yet..but id go with the cartels!!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:17 PM
con3593

don't only think about burton bindings, they aren't the best. What do you do most? if your an all mountain kinda guy, check out rome arsenals or the ride spi, or if your a park junkie hit up the rome 390's. I ride the arsenals
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
guille_smg

Quote:
Originally Posted by con3593 View Post
don't only think about burton bindings, they aren't the best. What do you do most? if your an all mountain kinda guy, check out rome arsenals or the ride spi, or if your a park junkie hit up the rome 390's. I ride the arsenals
I tried Rome bindings and liked em, but as I have an ICS board I wanna go for bindings with the same technology, and not have to use the adapter.
I really like the park, but I usually ride the whole mountain.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Simply^Ride

same technology, what are you talking about?

The fact that Burton decided to fuck everything up by making it 3 holes instead of 4 (like everyone else) doesn't mean they have different technology, its just a different design that has yet to prove its superiority over 4 point.

I have never heard of anyone that had problems using different plates with on their bindings with Burton boards or vise-versa.

You can just say I want to be a Burton kind of person, that sounds a bit better. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Back to the Cartel issue, I personally love the way those bindings look. Not sure how they ride, but the looks are amazing.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:39 PM
con3593

tsk tsk tsk, you should know better then to judge snowboard equipment by looks
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Simply^Ride

That's why I said that they look good, but you don't see them in my board . My board is well equiped with a pair of 390's .
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 PM
con3593

that a boy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
same technology, what are you talking about?

The fact that Burton decided to fuck everything up by making it 3 holes instead of 4 (like everyone else) doesn't mean they have different technology, its just a different design that has yet to prove its superiority over 4 point.

I have never heard of anyone that had problems using different plates with on their bindings with Burton boards or vise-versa.

You can just say I want to be a Burton kind of person, that sounds a bit better. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Back to the Cartel issue, I personally love the way those bindings look. Not sure how they ride, but the looks are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by con3593 View Post

he has an x8 board which has burtons new ics system, its like a rail, instead of holes. It actually seems quite promising. This is the 'same technology' he is refering to. Although there is an adapter to fit any binding, you only get the benefit of the new system if u get est bindings.

i'd be interested to see your review when you get your new gear guille

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode