Choosing gear for beginner snowboarder - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
vwdarling

Default Choosing gear for beginner snowboarder

Hello

I'm looking to buy my first snowboard gear. I'm a female, 5'6", 130 lbs (so I'd be getting a 147cm board)... I've been up at least 5 times, still can't do S-turns though but that will come in time. I've been looking at different stores and so far I've narrowed down my boots and bindings to the Burton Sapphires and Burton Lexa.

For a board though, I have several choices...

K2 Skyla - K2 Skyla Women's Snowboard - Snowboard Shop > Snowboards > Women's Snowboards
This one I really like.

K2 Luna - K2 Luna Snowboard - Women's from REI.com

Burton Troop - Burton Women's Troop Snowboard - FREE SHIPPING at Altrec.com
I don't like the graphic but I know it's a good board.

I think I take a long time to learn, so I'd like to get something that I'll be able to learn on pretty quickly... at the same time, I won't be doing any advanced stuff anytime soon so maybe I don't really need a more advanced board. Which of these boards should I get? And if anyone can recommend another board, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
con3593

boot I would highly recommend you do not buy online, head to your local store and buy there... every boot fits differently so you really cannot trust buying them online. For boards and bindings I know rome and never summer make some great boards. I have also heard good things about flow bindings...I'm 90% sure snowwolf will post in here too, he can give you the most accurate info

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...son-video.html

check out his videos, they will probably help

Last edited by con3593; 06-24-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
vwdarling

I've actually tried the Sapphires in store so I know I like them for sure... I've tried on other pairs and the Sapphires fit me the best.

The Lexas however were just recommended to me by each store I went to... I don't think I need anything too hardcore for bindings.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
con3593

I'm assuming you want all mountain bindings since your just getting your handles, I see Rome has some good boards, but I'm not sure what kind of skill level they are based on...Snowwolf probably has some words of advice for ya, so I'll let him put his opinion in