Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which board is better?
Gnu B-pro 3 15.00%
Never Summer Infinity 9 45.00%
Neither 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have a new Infinity, and have ridden a B-Pro quite a bit lately. Personally, I don't absolutely love either of them. I do like the Ininity better than the B-pro though. The B-pro was stiffer and felt really catchy to me. The Infinity has taken some technique adjustments to feel comfortable on it. It's okay. I recently got a K2 Eco Lite as well and I LOVE it. It is by far the easiest and most forgiving board I have ever been on. I find myself choosing it over the new Infinity almost all the time. I wish I wouldve learned on it...even though K2 claims its a int/adv board. Having said all that, the Infinity does have slightly better edge grab though in hard or icy snow.

As for bindings I just gotb2 new sets....one Union, one Ride Capo. I know this goes against the norm around here, but I WWAAYY prefer the Capos! I really wish I would've gotten 2 pairs Capos.

Oh...I'm an intermediate rider. 5'9, 155lbs, size 8-9 boot.
Bauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for all the advice!
I love snowboarding. It's definitely something that I will be doing for years to come so I want a board that'll at least last the next two seasons.
The board I'm renting for the season is a Rossignoli Accelerator Bmp, 150cm snowboard, burton boots and bindings. My boots are a little too big for me too but they had no other size. The person at rentals said the rentals are around 6 years old. Super beat upů anything would be better then what I'm riding right now. I just rented because I wanted to try it out first and it was pretty cheap.
I don't know how much of a beginner I still am. I go on blue runs and I just started doing jumps. I'm landing them too! Of course they're not big jumps, but still, it's exciting for me. I'm still working on going fast because it freaks me out. So a softer board would definitely be a good idea. How soft should I go? And what size do you recommend?
The snow conditions are okay? I don't really know how to answer thatů snows every now and then. I'm told the snow is usually packed and icy. I definitely need something with a better edge hold.
So K2 and Burton are some brands I should look atů any other brands/boards you recommend?
rideordiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Someone recommended Bataleon, Stepchild and Rome. How are those brands?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Resident poet

b-pro stiffer, more grab, for advanced/expert
infinity, softer, for intermediate imho

another option is gnu ladies choice...abit softer, more twin (iirc) and asym than the b-pro
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Check out the outlets on the online shopping sites, crazy prices!
Orford: 1
Bromont: 1
Rigaud: 21
chronicsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm very new and I bought a Burton Restricted Social. It is a twin board with a flex rating of 2. I have Burton Escapade EST bindings. Maybe worth a look?
BeachLegoGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicsmoke View Post
Check out the outlets on the online shopping sites, crazy prices!
What sites? I've been looking, I haven't found any sick deals yet.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Honestly both will be something you can learn and progress on although for your first board you might as well save some bucks and look into some cheaper options, and something softer and more forgiving such as a Gnu B-Nice/B-Street or something along those lines. I just got my lady a Nitro Runway on Evo Outlet for a sick deal, and it has their gullwing tech which is very similar to Gnu's C2 and Never Summer's RC.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

My board is also gullwing, love it so far. Its still new but the pop on the board is amazing
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #20 (permalink)

The Infinity is a good board (my main deck), but it's on the heavier side if that matters to you.

Arbor makes great snowboards too! They're really light, and many models are easy to turn. The Cadence or Swoon are awesome depending on if you like true-twin or directional. But even the Cadence does well all-around the mountain (esp. if speed isn't something you chase after). Arbor boards are rocker or camber, not hybrid though.

Mervin boards (Roxy, GNU, etc.) makes good hybrid boards (the C2BTX ones).

Rossignol has some hybrid boards also.

Between the BPro and the Infinity, I'd probably pick the Infinity.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote