Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which board is better?
Gnu B-pro 3 15.00%
Never Summer Infinity 9 45.00%
Neither 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default New Board

I have been riding a Burton Custom for 18 years ( a little embarassing, but I have four kids and they need equipment too). Finally time for me! I was also researching the Gnu pro B and the NS Infinitey, but thought the K2 Ecolite was pretty cool. I am definitely an advanced boarder and will go down anything but the parks(too old). Any thoughts?
alychaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

I think you solved my new board problem. The Ecolite sounds awesome!
alychaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideordiechick View Post
Yeah it's my first season, I go 3-4 times a week. Of course I'm not super-awesome yet but I just assumed it would be a good idea getting a better board. I don't know too much about snowboarding yet which is why I'm asking for suggestions. I'm probably going to get my new gear at the end of season for next year so I'll be a little bit better by then.
If you're riding 3-4 days per week definitely avoid beginner or even intermediate gear, get something for an strong intermediate or advanced rider, you'll be fine on it in no time
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah I don't think I need a beginner board anymore...
I know a friend selling their sapient solstice board with drake aluminum bindings for $180. The gear is about 2/3 seasons old. Is this a good deal? I don't know much about either brand.
rideordiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

What size board do you think I should get? I'm riding a 151 cm board right now, because the person at rentals suggested this size board. It feels a little big though.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

At 5'5" 151 seems way too long for you! I'm 5'6" and my happy medium ended up at 145-147. 150 will be around my MAX for when I'm actually GOOD at it
Varza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

I ride the GNU B-pro now and the Burton Camber Twin.

If you are riding 3/4 per week blue runs plus jumping, then I do not think you need a beginner board.

I actually like the GNU B-pro a lot, but I like stiffer boards that can handle speed. The camber/rocker/camber combo plus the magne-traction makes it very good for me. It handles well on powder, ice, packed pow, slush, good for jumps and trees.

Not as good as the camber when pumping in/out of the pipe. Though I am just starting to try small boxes/rails, I do not think the GNU B-pro is good for boxes/rails and not as good as camber for pipe.

As far as the board size, 151 might be somewhat big, but it is just my opinion. Maybe try 150 or 149?

Can you demo boards? I would suggest to demo board sizes if you can before you buy to see what works best.
Pigevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Evo has last years Rome Madison Bindings on sale for ~100. I live in cali so they were 104 with no tax no shipping.

they're listed at 150 but the take an extra 30% off once you place them in the cart. I just bought a pair and thought they were pretty awesome. A big step up from my burton Lexas anyway.

Rome Madison Snowboard Bindings - Women's 2012 | evo outlet

cant go wrong with them at that price!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Why is a smaller board better? Is a longer board good for speed?

That's a pretty good deal for bindings, but I'm from Canada so shipping is $50. Americans are so lucky, you can buy almost anything online with free shipping.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideordiechick View Post
Why is a smaller board better? Is a longer board good for speed?

That's a pretty good deal for bindings, but I'm from Canada so shipping is $50. Americans are so lucky, you can buy almost anything online with free shipping.
I'm far from an expert at this, but I'll try to answer. The pros will correct me if I'm wrong.

Longer boards are better for speed and stability (maybe). People who want to bomb down the slopes will likely go for a longer, stiffer board.

Shorter boards are easier to maneuver (i.e. turn even though your turns may be sloppy. It's actually the stiff boards that are more responsive, but one of those might throw you right off if you make the slightest mistake). Newbs like me would go for a shorter, softer board as it is more forgiving. Park riders also prefer shorter and softer boards.

Oh and I just realized I did a stupid right there. I did not know your weight, so I replied on board length based on your height. That's really the wrong way to go about it - board length is determined by rider's weight and pretty much all companies have charts for that. I was subconsciously thinking you'd be close to my weight, which was dumb. So, I'm 140 lbs. and went for a 146 board. If you're heavier, go longer, if you're lighter, go shorter.

I feel you! Shipping to Canada is a killer, I had to ship a computer there once
Varza is offline   Reply With Quote