Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which board is better?
Gnu B-pro 3 15.00%
Never Summer Infinity 9 45.00%
Neither 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself!

I'm not to familiar with boards since it's my first season. I want a really good all mountain board that I can also take on park. I'm looking at the Gnu B-pro or the Never Summer Infinity. Any thoughts on either board or can you make any other suggestions for me?
Thanks!
rideordiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Need help deciding on a woman's snowboard for myself!

Can't really go wrong with either. Note that the Infinity is directional whereas the B-Pro is twin IIRC.

I know some female riders prefered one over the other so I'll let them explain that.

In the meantime, posting your stats(height, weigth, boot size) will help us help you.
SimonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm 5'5, 140 pounds and shoesize 9.5.
I want new boots and bindings too. I'm thinking Union bindings and the Burton Sapphire boots because I like the traditional lace up.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's your first season and you're already super-awesome? Just curious...

Both those boards seem good, but aren't they kind of advanced rider-oriented?
Varza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah it's my first season, I go 3-4 times a week. Of course I'm not super-awesome yet but I just assumed it would be a good idea getting a better board. I don't know too much about snowboarding yet which is why I'm asking for suggestions. I'm probably going to get my new gear at the end of season for next year so I'll be a little bit better by then.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. And you go a lot, so you're well on your way to being super-awesome

I'm also a newbie and I ended up with a K2 Lunatique. Got it on a good deal and it seems like a good enough board that will take me up to high intermediate/advanced. I wanted a board that would last me at least 2-3 seasons.

And I also wish I could go as much as you do. Talk about lucky!

I'm sure other people around will come in with good suggestions soon.

Edit: oh, something that is said a lot around here: don't overthink the board and if you're going to spend a lot, do it on boots. They can make or break your day, and as such people consider them to be even more important than the board.

Last edited by Varza; 01-28-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Varza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just a suggestion since you are looking into buying new gears... I bought my wife the burton restricted dejavu 2013. she loves the board. she is beginner/Intermediate and it is helping her improve her skills. Also she has the burton Sapphire boots. She likes them because it has good ankle support and it connects to heatpack for cold winter days here in the Northeast! Good luck!

Last edited by jbang72; 01-28-2013 at 06:05 PM.
jbang72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome!

I have the B pro and Union bindings. If it's your first season, I'd steer you away from the B pro honestly. It's on the stiffer side, likes speed, and might try to beat ya up a bit. It is more of an intermediate-advanced board than a beginner-intermediate board. Great board and I love mine, but not the best choice for a beginner imo. Btw it is a twin.

Varza's suggestion of the Lunatique is a good one. I've never ridden one but it seems softer and perhaps more forgiving than the B pro. It might fit more of what you're looking for. Also, what conditions do you ride? That factors in as well.

I've been happy with my Union bindings, so I'd definitely recommend them.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideordiechick View Post
I'm not to familiar with boards since it's my first season. I want a really good all mountain board that I can also take on park. I'm looking at the Gnu B-pro or the Never Summer Infinity. Any thoughts on either board or can you make any other suggestions for me?
Thanks!
I was under the impression that these 2 boards the OP listed are for intermediate + riders? Am I wrong? I am also a newb female, and bought my first setup a few months back...

I'm 5'9", 140lbs and a size 10-10.5 boot. I decided to not go with the big brand names since your really paying for the name. I found a really sweet looking board for my style of riding with a 3 year warrenty for $180 US. I decided to go this route incase I break this board for some god knows what reason, I wouldn't be out $400+ just on the board alone.

If you have the money to burn, then sure go for it, but anything other than a beginner board for a beginner can actually hamper you because it might not be as flexible or too fast? maybe someone can back me up on that...

Regardless, I say go a bit cheaper, see if you'll stick with the sport for sure and then upgrade as you see fit! Just my 2 cents!

I'm riding a 150 Camp Seven Featherlite with 2006 burton custom and k2 boots that I switch with my Systems (system boots are great for those real cold days!)
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

The general advice given to beginners is to not buy a board that is super stiff because they are typically a pain in the ass (literally) to learn on. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the B-Pro is a mid flex and the NS is more of a soft/mid flex. So, it mostly comes down to whether or not she thinks snowboarding is the thing for her, and whether or not she's willing to deal with a little stiffer board in the B-Pro for a bit. If she does then either one is an excellent choice since she'll be able to grow into both and they have higher-end board tech and shouldn't be super difficult to progress on. If she is not sure then it might be a better idea to spend a little less while she's learning on something softer. If it were me, and I had no problem spending that kind of scratch, I would buy the nicer stuff every time, but I also took a lot of lumps on a stiff camber board when I learned.

Last edited by Treegreen; 01-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote