hit my first box. Does Capita have poor durability? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threej21 View Post
this...the placement of that blown edge is HORRIBLE. Obviously no NS bashing here as I love and still ride their boards, but my first Revolver cracked an edge on the heelside, right between my feet. basically where the board gets flexed the most. Never Summer fixed it for me (out of warranty), and it didnt hold very long before it blew again. shes now wall art!!
yea when i busted my edge it was a loose screw on the box, not the board. NS did an awesome job at patching it up too and i really thought it was gonna be fine but as soon as i started hitting rails it was done for.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

that's the main reason I don't hit boxes...I'd have to go up and inspect each one for protruding metal, first. hell, avoiding sharp rocks is bad enough
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

This thread makes me nervous. I've just started hitting jumps and other features in the park and boxes are probably my favorite. After doing boxes for a day on Saturday I got home and noticed some new gouges down my base. Shit! I recently P-texed a crap load of other gouges from all the ice at Winter Park last Spring.

Now I'm worried about this happening to my board. From now on, on my first lap, I'm just going to ride by any boxes I like the look of before hitting them the next lap, just to give them a quick check for loose nails or anything else sticking out. Last season I actually saw a loose nail sticking out of the top of a box, told the people working there about it, and stayed well away from it. They later came out and put up a post to block it.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote