hit my first box. Does Capita have poor durability? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default hit my first box. Does Capita have poor durability?

I went to the terrain park for the first time yesterday and practiced on some boxes(ate it a few times). When i got down to the bottom of the hill, i noticed a pretty big core shot and the edge ripped off.

is this common for capita boards, or will they replace this? this board is pretty much brand new, ive only taken it out 3 times. its a 2012 Ultrafear.

tpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Re: hit my first box. Does Capita have poor durability?

Capita are fairly known for being park freestyle boards so I doubt that is normal. Call them up and find out. I hope that is not normal as I just got a DOA yesterday.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah just contact them about a warranty. How did it happen though, did you hit the edge directly on a box? I have been riding Capitas for a few years and haven't had any issues that I needed to contact them for a warranty on. All have held up to quite a bit of abuse in the park as well.

And to the guy above good choice on the DOA. It is a awesome board and super fun to ride. Hopefully I make it up tomorrow to Hood so I can try it out in some deeper powder. Would like to know how you think it rides since you are up there in Nelson.
airblaster503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Looks like something ripped into the core, and "ripped" off the edge
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

i just submit a warranty form. Does anyone one how capita is with their warranty? im afraid theyre going to say it was rider error and not replace it.

I honest have no i idea how it happened, i landed on top of the box every time so i dont think it directly hit the edge of the any boxes. its pretty upsetting especially with a brand new board.
tpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Re: hit my first box. Does Capita have poor durability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airblaster503 View Post
Yeah just contact them about a warranty. How did it happen though, did you hit the edge directly on a box? I have been riding Capitas for a few years and haven't had any issues that I needed to contact them for a warranty on. All have held up to quite a bit of abuse in the park as well.

And to the guy above good choice on the DOA. It is a awesome board and super fun to ride. Hopefully I make it up tomorrow to Hood so I can try it out in some deeper powder. Would like to know how you think it rides since you are up there in Nelson.
I'll keep you updated on how she rides up here. I am hitting a very small volunteer run night ski hill on Wednesday just because I don't want to wait until the weekend to hit White Water. Sorry for thread hijack.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeezy View Post
i just submit a warranty form. Does anyone one how capita is with their warranty? im afraid theyre going to say it was rider error and not replace it.

I honest have no i idea how it happened, i landed on top of the box every time so i dont think it directly hit the edge of the any boxes. its pretty upsetting especially with a brand new board.
I hope you didnt tell them you were just "riding along". Cause there is now way you didnt feel that. There is the very slight chnace the edge was already cracked at those two places and you just caught something right there. Regardless, you felt that happen. That doesnt happen easily and being that they're pressed out of Elan I highly doubt there was that big a defect in the base from the factory. You probably caught a screw or bolt in the box.

Something like that I hope Capita hooks you up. But it will be just that, a hook up. Cause damage like that is by you.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

When you say you hit a box I guess you really hit a box. That's blunt force trauma. I'm not sure they'll cover it. You may get lucky, but you took the risk, you pay the price.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would be talking to the park staff at the place you were riding at. Let the park staff know so they can look at the feature and possibly prevent someone else's board from getting torn up.
that1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ive never had problems with capita boards being durable, but I have to say. There's no way you didn't "feel" that happen. I mean, that's not the type of wound that you notice while checking your board out before putting it on your car rack.
That's the type that sends you sailing when it happens. It would be pretty cool if capita covered this under warranty but def looks like user error.
Either way, I feel for you, that really sucks. Especially if it's a new board.
Capita2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote