Non-Pow charger: LibTech Jamie Lynv vs. NS Heritage/Premier vs. BSOD vs. ?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Non-Pow charger: LibTech Jamie Lynv vs. NS Heritage/Premier vs. BSOD vs. ??

Been lurking but this is my first post. I've searched the archives which was helpful but would appreciate some additional input from other riders of this type board.

I have 3 powder-specific boards: NS Summit 161, Fish 156 and Prior Spearhead 161 that I use if there is enough new snow. I am looking to replace my 'all-mountain' board, a 2006/7 Unity Pride. I want something with an aggressive flex and long(ish) sidecut. The new board will be used for riding fast and carving groomers, smooth and chopped on days when there is minimal new snow. Right now, I sometimes ride the Spearhead in those conditions and it does well but a more conventional taper would be better.

I'm 5'9" and a very fit 165 with a 10.5/11 boot (Drivers and Malamutes). I prefer stiff boards around 25.5 waist width and stiff 'reponsive' bindings. Using Nidecker Carbon 900's, C60's and Union Chargers. I've been riding 10 yrs and ride 30+ days a year so 'advanced' but not 'expert'. I try to stick to days with new snow but my son always wants to get out so I do go on plenty of 'groomer days'. I ride the normal areas in Washington State.

1) Being a NS fan, I started first looking at the Premier F1 (Raptor seem too narrow, X too wide) and the Heritage. My concern with the NS is the RC which seems too loose when bombing on a flat base.

2) Next I thought about the Capita BSOD which sounded really good until I saw multiple comments about a lack of dampness and being tough in late afternoon chop. THis sounds like it would be nasty in typical beat up PNW snow after lunch.

3) Now I'm considering the LT Jamie Lynn Classic which seems like a mostly camber board. I don't know anything about the dampness but other Lib's I have ridden (T-Rice) seemed fairly damp.

Any insight on these choices for fast on-piste riding in the PNW? Other's to consider.

Thanks in advance.
oldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Gnu Billy Goat
Gnu Riders Coice
Lib Tech TRS

The Merivn C2BTX profile with magnatraction is as good as it gets for blasting through variable snow. Billy Goat is a bit stiffer. RC has a bit more flex with more aggressive magnatraction.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

GNU billy goat 162 or 165?

Stiffness 7.5 and 8 - check

very damp - check

waist width 25.3 and 25.5, respectively- check
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

YES pick your line. Has more camber than the BSOD and really damp.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the NS Heritage. I can tell you the RC technology doesn't make them loose. I bomb runs with mine going at least 50+ mph. It also handles the POW days pretty well. The Capita BSOD, however, does have a lack of dampness, but this doesn't effect you too much, not for me at least when I demoed it. LT is, IMO, overpriced for the quality but make ok boards. And the GNU Billy Goat is actually a very good board. So look at the NS Heritage and the Gnu Billy Goat. Demo them, and pick which one you like better.
AssassinMonLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ride Highlife or Berzerker?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip11 View Post
YES pick your line. Has more camber than the BSOD and really damp.
The Pick Your Line gets a 10/10 for crud busting, thats for sure!
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Resident poet

another vote for the billy, also got 30 days at baker for 10 years...its the best board I've ridden for general conditions...fricking goat eats anything...really made for pnw...especially since you got the dope poo dazes covered. My old cambered Options will blast groomers slightly better...more of a solid lock-on meat missle, but the goat is so great about eating up the natty stuff on the way down....why just take the groomers.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 01-29-2013 at 03:30 AM.
wrathfuldeity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My Heritage 158 had a longer effective edge than competing 160-161 boards and worked great for me with the same criteria as you. Better yet, the Raptor seems to be an even better fit for you.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

In the end, I went with the Raptor. I was worried about the width but I think it will be OK. My son loves his Legacy and the Summit is one of my all-time favorites so I was lazy and went with the brand I know...

Thanks for all the replies, they were very helpful. I learned about some boards such as the Yes Pick Your Line. I wasn't able to find one in stock anywhere or I probably would have chosen this first.
oldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote