centering the bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
centering the bindings

So I just started riding my Arbor Element CX (traditional camber) and it is a directional board with a slight set back. So my newbie question of the day is about moving the binding more centered on the board vs the recommended (stared center) and if that would make it easier to ride switch since it is a directional board with a set back. Or will the camber engage differently ? What can I expect if I do this?

I will take any and all advice. thanks!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Not quite reformed yet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyisnowhere View Post
So I just started riding my Arbor Element CX (traditional camber) and it is a directional board with a slight set back. So my newbie question of the day is about moving the binding more centered on the board vs the recommended (stared center) and if that would make it easier to ride switch since it is a directional board with a set back. Or will the camber engage differently ? What can I expect if I do this?

I will take any and all advice. thanks!

Thanks
Nope!! Don't do it! You can learn to ride that board switch with the setback stance. Centering the bindings on a set back board will F" you all up!

I have an Arbor Roundhouse with a 2 inch setback & It took a little doing and at least one lesson, but I ride it switch just fine! The boards geometry is designed to work with the setback stance, regular or switch!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Chomps is right. It'll be a bit weird a first since the tail will look different to you than the nose (since you're setback), but you'll adjust. You'll probably find the stiffness is different in terms of initiating your turns as well, but just stick with it.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! Great advice all! I do like how the board rides now but I was just curious. I am coming from an Arbor Cascade (like Element RX rocker) So the stance was more centered and the rocker was super forgiving. I wanted to improve my riding get more speed and carve better so that is why I went to the CX.

thanks again all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode