Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Then NS wanted to make the announcement of this endeavor, but people like YOU had to leak the post before-hand. That obviously made things look shady to outsiders which is why that thread was made visible shortly after your leak.
I don't get the "leak" thing. I've been seeing the Design Team post for days, every time I log on, and thought this had been officially announced last week.
buggravy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #142 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I'm not singling you out or being hostile Eat. I'm not being hostile to anyone. Actually, the reverse is true in my mind. I'm getting hostility as a Design Team member.

Countless comments insinuating that we are going to biased because of free gear. Yet over and over my point is ignored that myself and others have access to other free gear and have had that access for quite some time. The other point being ignored that a lot of the other team members were pre-existing NS customers.

I do agree some bias will result. That's human nature and you can't knock anyone for that. You even have bias as a person who purchases a product because now you have to deal with the fact that you spent a good chunk of change on the product. In fact, it could be argued that people who pay for their gear are much more prone to bias. Which actually supports my prior point that the NS hype is from customers, not the Design Team or NS themselves.

Hopefully some of you can understand this and still treat our reviews like you did before we became a part of the NS Design Team.

By the way Eat, I'll happily join your review team so go on ahead and send me some gear.
Okay cool, Leo, thanks. I understand you're passionate yet sensitive about being viewed as biased when your bias is a natural type that we all have to some degree (because you genuinely like a product). I never thought the reviews will be skewed based on "free gear." I know better than that, I have good friends in the industry, and I have a pretty good feel for you all pre-DT members to know your personalities a bit. Again, congrats to you all. It must be cool to be part of something like that, so enjoy the ride.

As for being a part of my review team? That depends on how much room and time you and Mrs. Leo have for 1200lb prey animals Lmk, I'll arrange transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
You guys just don't listen do you?

Neversummer is NOT paying for this in any way that I am aware of. I, as an admin made the the decision to create the subforum and the responsibility for that is mine and mine alone. I invited Neversummer to use this platform because I see it as beneficial to Vertical Sports by increasing web traffic. This format allows for free and open discussion of the review process which is what Neversummer wants. They could have selected a design team and had everybody post reviews to their website and moderate those reviews as they see fit and disallow debate but they didn't.

The decision was mine as admin and representative of Vertical Sports not Neversummer. I don't represent Neversummer in any way nor do any of the team members so any perched hostility is not the responsibility of Neversummer.

I made this decision and I stand by it. You people have a choice to make; either accept it and give it a chance to work or leave. I will say this however, just as we closed the politics section because the bickering became overly problematic, with 2 clicks of the mouse, we can disable the entire equipment section so that no one reviews ANY board so its fair. Keep pushing the issue and trying to silence honest review and that is exactly what will happen.

Now I am pulling into the Meadows parking lot ride so later peeps!

Oh and for the record, I'm riding my Gnu Billy Goat today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
If that is the case, I hope NS is paying VS for that level of exposure. If not, I'm going to recruit a Team for my business and assemble them here!

And if that is true, then call it what it is: Advertising.

Which is FINE. If it's marketing using an unbiased test team, design team, whatever it's fine. But call it what it is then if it's not what it appears to be.

I have to say the hostility in responses is NOT helping their cause imo.
"If's" are not claims or accusations.

As for the other highlighted text, it seems hostile (to me) that some are being told "to leave" if questions or comments are made on this merger. The threat of shutting down the Equip Review forum seems a little extreme? Did I miss a post where someone was trying to silence honest reviews? Haven't gotten that sense from this thread.

Anyway. Have a fun day on your Gnu Billy Goat!
EatRideSleep is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #143 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BrendanMorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16
Default

*Rodney King voice*

Can't we all just get along?

BrendanMorgan is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 474
Default

I think this is a good idea! To me, it's all about "user-led innovation" (which I have studied quite a bit in my previous academic life...if anyone is interested read Prof Eric von Hippel at MIT for more on the subject...but I digress). I think using social media like this is a great way to connect with people who are using the boards to gain insight into continuously improving them. I would like to perhaps see some more weekend-warrior input but aside from that, can't see what the problem is. If you think it's a way to crassly sell more boards then don't read any of the threads or reviews. Simple as that.

I'd actually like to see Ride, Rome, Union, Burton etc. do the same thing on here too!
scotty100 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #145 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Yeah because I'm the only person on this forum who clicks "New Posts" at the top of the page?

Although, I will admit I'm the only one who probably has google alerts around these brands and others despite the fact I'm not a blogger.


Oh and lets be real.

A public posting claiming "we are forming a team" is very different than "PM: hey scott we want you to hand pick riders for our super secret dev team" ...

If you did the first then the second. You would be just fine and no one would be pissed at you.
Sorry dude, I don't know you from a hole in the wall so don't be offended by this. I disagree. That thread was locked and supposed to be off the forum. How people were seeing it I have no idea, because I wasn't.

Like I said previously, they wanted to get us time on the boards so we could start taking notes for our reviews while at the same time not having people hounding us about next years product while this years were still in stores. I don't see what you're not getting here.
Extremo is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #146 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default Never Summer's...what's the story??

Yea, seems the leak issue is not such a leak after all. It certainly wasn't supposed to be visible.

But my point stands about making a public post asking for permission to create a focus group (which is what this boils down to being).

Again, what's so wrong about the private method used to pick DT members? That was what Wolf's new position on the DY entailed. It used to be Vince reaching out to me and others. Now he has some of that load taken off his hands and into Wolf's.

The fact still remains, quite a few existing members on this forum were selected and asked if they would like to be a part of the team. They all had a choice to say no.

What would have been different in a public announcement? They still would have selected the same group except they would have had to deal with spam and lots of it.

Please don't act ignorant Binary. You and I both know either outcome would still have created this same drama-laden result.

What is your issue anyway bud? Why are you so adamant about this subject? Can't say I'm used to you being this way.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #147 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default Never Summer's...what's the story??

By the way Eat...

Does this mean I could review a tiger????? Or gasp... A whale?


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 40
Default

My quick 2 cents...

1) Free product will ALWAYS influence somebodies opinions/bias. That's just a fact of life. If you disagree you are just being ignorant. You may not even be doing it on purpose, but subconsciously things are skewed.

2) Tact. Both sides of this argument have used very little tact in the way opinions have been expressed. The way i read this thread it came off as though the "Design Team" members came off with a sense of entitlement because of their fortunate situation. That is not going to sit well with the casual reader. Tact should also be used in recommendations of gear to those searching for answers to questions. The whole "shoving NS down people's throats" way of doing it is not tactful. Again, to the casual reader that is exactly what most of this forum does.

3) Reviews to this forum are completely worthless, period. One man's junk is another man's treasure. There are infinite variables to each and every persons thoughts on a specific peace of equipment. Reviews (or feedback) to a company alone is/can be beneficial, thus part of the role of the "Design Team".

4) Kind of unrelated to the actual topic at hand, but internet forums have just gotten out of hand.
The Intern is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeo
Like I said previously, they wanted to get us time on the boards so we could start taking notes for our reviews while at the same time not having people hounding us about next years product while this years were still in stores. I don't see what you're not getting here.
If this is really an argument you are going to make then you should not have been mentioning or posting pics of the 2014 gear until you were ready to do your reviews.
The Intern is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #150 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,475
Default

what the fuck people

who gives a fuck
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums