Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 16 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #151 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Intern View Post
If this is really an argument you are going to make then you should not have been mentioning or posting pics of the 2014 gear until you were ready to do your reviews.
I didn't post shit. Noone but the team even new I was on a never summer. I was waiting until my full review to post anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #152 (permalink)

I knowwwwww this may be unpopular, but there are two common ways to silence (or at least, reduce) criticism over this:

1. Pay retail price for the board, or
2. Return the board after a review period

There's a lot of equipment review websites that have similar 'no net benefit' policies to ward of criticisms of funding biases.

But really, if the testers say that they can be objective to the best of their ability, that's good enough for me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and everyone has biases, and we just try to minimize them, acknowledge them, and so forth. People reading the reviews have every ability to be skeptical, so it's not like people HAVE to subscribe to the reviews written.

I just think that both Never Summer and the testers are honestly trying to do something positive.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #153 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Never Summer's...what's the story??

The Intern makes a valiant return.

The same guy who ripped on me for no apparent reason then got called out for his own error telling me I'm not being tactful? Oh, right, you trashed me on two different forums for nothing. I respect the shit out of BA, but seriously, you can go swallow one you cronie. The only person that acted entitled here is YOU. This is me losing my tact now. Got a problem with it? Tough fucking turtle shit.

I'm not entitled to crap nor do I ever act like something I'm not. I wouldn't be shocked if ALL of you were better riders than me.

As for your statement of reviews not meaning a thing due to variables? What's interesting is when all these varied reviews start having points of agreement across the board. If the majority of reviewers, no matter how different their style, say that a board lacks edge hold... Something gives don't you think?

But why am I telling this to "The Intern"? He knows it all already.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The Intern makes a valiant return.

The same guy who ripped on me for no apparent reason then got called out for his own error telling me I'm not being tactful? Oh, right, you trashed me on two different forums for nothing. I respect the shit out of BA, but seriously, you can go swallow one you cronie. The only person that acted entitled here is YOU. This is me losing my tact now. Got a problem with it? Tough fucking turtle shit.

I'm not entitled to crap nor do I ever act like something I'm not. I wouldn't be shocked if ALL of you were better riders than me.

As for your statement of reviews not meaning a thing due to variables? What's interesting is when all these varied reviews start having points of agreement across the board. If the majority of reviewers, no matter how different their style, say that a board lacks edge hold... Something gives don't you think?

But why am I telling this to "The Intern"? He knows it all already.

Easy. I did not call you out here right now. No need to get so defensive over some internet exchange that happened some 2 years ago. I honestly don't remember the specific exchange we may have had, and quite frankly i could care less as that is water under the bridge. So if you are still upset i apologize. A lot of things have changed over the last couple years.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #155 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
My quick 2 cents...

1) Free product will ALWAYS influence somebodies opinions/bias. That's just a fact of life. If you disagree you are just being ignorant. You may not even be doing it on purpose, but subconsciously things are skewed.

2) Tact. Both sides of this argument have used very little tact in the way opinions have been expressed. The way i read this thread it came off as though the "Design Team" members came off with a sense of entitlement because of their fortunate situation. That is not going to sit well with the casual reader. Tact should also be used in recommendations of gear to those searching for answers to questions. The whole "shoving NS down people's throats" way of doing it is not tactful. Again, to the casual reader that is exactly what most of this forum does.

3) Reviews to this forum are completely worthless, period. One man's junk is another man's treasure. There are infinite variables to each and every persons thoughts on a specific peace of equipment. Reviews (or feedback) to a company alone is/can be beneficial, thus part of the role of the "Design Team".

4) Kind of unrelated to the actual topic at hand, but internet forums have just gotten out of hand.
I missed this. What I just interpreted is free product will always influence your opinion. Sorry you can't be objective. Assuming everyone has this problem is ignorant.

Who the fuck is 'entitled'? If I weren't on a NS I'd still be riding one of my dozen other boards...it's not like I have an advantage over another snowboarder, we're both fucking snowboarding.

Reviews are worthless says you. I could find 1000 others who think completely otherwise. Casual readers have already asserted so in this thread. I actually read all the reviews. Fuck I'm going to buy a BSOD based on a review here.

And even though there is definitely nuance with riding style and preference of product, I'm finding I'm having very similar experiences with others who've posted about the same shit I'm riding. Almost to the same exact language I planned on using in my review. You're blowing shit way out of proportion here. I kind of feel bad you're this upset.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo
didn't post shit. Noone but the team even new I was on a never summer. I was waiting until my full review to post anything.
Well if you happened to not say anything than my apologies, it's hard to remember exactly who says what over such an expansive topic covering multiple threads.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I missed this. What I just interpreted is free product will always influence your opinion. Sorry you can't be objective. Assuming everyone has this problem is ignorant.

Who the fuck is 'entitled'? If I weren't on a NS I'd still be riding one of my dozen other boards...it's not like I have an advantage over another snowboarder, we're both fucking snowboarding.

Reviews are worthless says you. I could find 1000 others who think completely otherwise. Casual readers have already asserted so in this thread. I actually read all the reviews. Fuck I'm going to buy a BSOD based on a review here.

And even though there is definitely nuance with riding style and preference of product, I'm finding I'm having very similar experiences with others who've posted about the same shit I'm riding. Almost to the same exact language I planned on using in my review. You're blowing shit way out of proportion here. I kind of feel bad you're this upset.
I'm anything but upset, believe me.

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. What's being blown out of proportion is that you are taking offense as though i called you out, and in no way did i do that. I just simply made a couple of blanket statements based on my opinions.

My opinion that reviews to the general readers of the internet stands i will not sway from that.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #158 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Yea, seems the leak issue is not such a leak after all. It certainly wasn't supposed to be visible.

But my point stands about making a public post asking for permission to create a focus group (which is what this boils down to being).

Again, what's so wrong about the private method used to pick DT members? That was what Wolf's new position on the DY entailed. It used to be Vince reaching out to me and others. Now he has some of that load taken off his hands and into Wolf's.

The fact still remains, quite a few existing members on this forum were selected and asked if they would like to be a part of the team. They all had a choice to say no.

What would have been different in a public announcement? They still would have selected the same group except they would have had to deal with spam and lots of it.

Please don't act ignorant Binary. You and I both know either outcome would still have created this same drama-laden result.

What is your issue anyway bud? Why are you so adamant about this subject? Can't say I'm used to you being this way.

Because full disclosure is a big deal.

I'll restate this in a direct way.

I have 0 problems with the concept of the team or the people on it. They are all great riders and will give great feedback to NS.

My only beef was the lack of full disclosure.

That issue is now moot.

You are right. I'll drop it.

Done.

Now I'll only talk about real snowboarding or tech crap
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #159 (permalink)

Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #160 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I'm anything but upset, believe me.

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. What's being blown out of proportion is that you are taking offense as though i called you out, and in no way did i do that. I just simply made a couple of blanket statements based on my opinions.

My opinion that reviews to the general readers of the internet stands i will not sway from that.
What you're saying is offensive. You're making blanket assertions that don't apply to me. Wait til you read the reviews before you determine who these assumptions apply to, who knows you may be right about some of them, and you'd be right to call people out for it. But at least wait until you see who's actually guilty of it.

And we don't cater to the 'general reader on the internet'. We're looking to help out people who have snowboarding backgrounds.
Closed Thread