Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 17 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #161 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bottom line: everyone is butthurt they dont get to be part of A-Team, BA is butthurt because no matter what he says, hes a creepy old dude and Never summer boards are the shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #162 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLegoGal View Post
haha, pretty much me today.
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
What you're saying is offensive. You're making blanket assertions that don't apply to me. Wait til you read the reviews before you determine who these assumptions apply to, who knows you may be right about some of them, and you'd be right to call people out for it. But at least wait until you see who's actually guilty of it.

And we don't cater to the 'general reader on the internet'. We're looking to help out people who have snowboarding backgrounds.
If it doesn't apply to you then you should take no offense.

As to who reviews cater too i will respectfully disagree. In my thought, an experienced rider will not rely on a review to make a purchasing decisions. A casual snowboarder doing their research is going to hold a review to a much higher regard. If i had to take a bet i would say that reviews get much more
traffic from the casual rider who doesn't have an account and who found the review by typing into google.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #164 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Intern View Post
If it doesn't apply to you then you should take no offense.

As to who reviews cater too i will respectfully disagree. In my thought, an experienced rider will not rely on a review to make a purchasing decisions. A casual snowboarder doing their research is going to hold a review to a much higher regard. If i had to take a bet i would say that reviews get much more
traffic from the casual rider who doesn't have an account and who found the review by typing into google.
I think a forum of riders is the only way to accurately review boards. Every company and shop has a sales pitch. I hope people who are skeptical of advertising claims will find my experiences a little more genuine and accurate.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #165 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Never Summer's...what's the story??

Quote:
Easy. I did not call you out here right now. No need to get so defensive over some internet exchange that happened some 2 years ago. I honestly don't remember the specific exchange we may have had, and quite frankly i could care less as that is water under the bridge. So if you are still upset i apologize. A lot of things have changed over the last couple years.
Gotta say, I'm taken aback by your response. Nothing like I expected.

With that said, I got defensive on purpose. It was my "revenge." You disappeared shortly after our little Internet quibble so I never got the chance to properly thank you.

Anyway, I'm a non-confrontational guy. So when those few confrontations occur, I remember them. It's different when you are confrontational with hordes of strangers. Very easy to forget any individual occurrence.

I'll just let you know that what you did to me here and on EL was not cool. It was unprovoked. What seems like nothing to you was a big deal to me at the time. I was belittled by you, someone who I formerly enjoyed reading blog posts and reviews from.

So there you have it. It stuck with me as does any other confrontation in my life that doesn't get resolved.

Big props to you for not feeding into my rage just now. Respect.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, and what's the problem with that? I'm a noob, I don't get to demo (either not all companies I might be interested in will demo in my area OR I am just unable to make it up to the mountain when they do). Reviews, when done well, help me make an informed decision. I ended up getting my first board based on various online ratings, asking people in a thread here, AND what the shop people told me about it. I am happy with it. The end.

Also, are you saying that everyone who DOES have an account here is an experienced (not casual) rider? Well I've got news for you, pal! And what's wrong with people typing into google and finding reviews?

I expect these people on the team to write good, thoughtful and helpful reviews. For now, I will trust them that they will be objective -- as objective as they can be, as any review carries a note of subjectivity simply because it was done by a human being. If, from reading their stuff, I find that they're not being objective, I will put less value on their reviews and maybe even call them out on that. The forums will be open for users to comment on the reviews. Again, what is the problem?

Also, the fact that these people will be able to INFLUENCE NS's design decisions will likely result in better boards for the rest of us. Gee, I tried really hard to stay out of this shitstorm, but this has been blown way out of proportion! Can we just draw a line, say we're done and whatever happens will happen? What's the big deal? Really!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #167 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varza View Post
Yeah, and what's the problem with that? I'm a noob, I don't get to demo (either not all companies I might be interested in will demo in my area OR I am just unable to make it up to the mountain when they do). Reviews, when done well, help me make an informed decision. I ended up getting my first board based on various online ratings, asking people in a thread here, AND what the shop people told me about it. I am happy with it. The end.

Also, are you saying that everyone who DOES have an account here is an experienced (not casual) rider? Well I've got news for you, pal! And what's wrong with people typing into google and finding reviews?

I expect these people on the team to write good, thoughtful and helpful reviews. For now, I will trust them that they will be objective -- as objective as they can be, as any review carries a note of subjectivity simply because it was done by a human being. If, from reading their stuff, I find that they're not being objective, I will put less value on their reviews and maybe even call them out on that. The forums will be open for users to comment on the reviews. Again, what is the problem?

Also, the fact that these people will be able to INFLUENCE NS's design decisions will likely result in better boards for the rest of us. Gee, I tried really hard to stay out of this shitstorm, but this has been blown way out of proportion! Can we just draw a line, say we're done and whatever happens will happen? What's the big deal? Really!
agreed.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #168 (permalink)

"I'm Ricky Bobby, If You Don't Chew Big Red Then F**k You!" - YouTube if you dont ride never summer than fuck you.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #169 (permalink)

So, if another brand like Burton or Union (since they already have a presence on these boards) approached VS and wanted to do the exact same thing -- dedicated sub-forum, hand picked reviewers, etc -- would that be allowed or encouraged?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varza View Post

There is nothing wrong with that, i never said or implied there was. I'm just stating my opinion that reviews hold more merit to the casual rider/"noob" than to an experienced rider. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that. But in reality the thoughts of someone who rides 50+ days a year and reviews a board is likely going to be drastically different after the 5 day a year rider purchases said board based on a review.

I'm sure most people on internet forums fall into the "casual rider" category who enjoy talking gear to scratch their itch. Again, nothing wrong with that at all, i mean hell that why we all come here isn't it , too geek out a bit! And there is nothing wrong with typing into goolge for a review, we all do it for various things!

I think you are just misinterpreting what i said
Closed Thread