Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 19 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #181 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ARSENALFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 910
Default

This shit is better than a romance novel according to my wife. Somebody said that to be unbiased, the boards should be returned to Never Summer. Can't say I disagree with the statement. That being said, if NS were giving good old ArsenalFan a free board, I wouldn't want to hear a comment like this. I think good old "Vince" should give forum members 20% off, that would allow me to buy my Cobra - yes, I have fallen for the hype. So I welcome the coupon code.... Look forward to the deals in my inbox.

Last edited by ARSENALFAN; 01-31-2013 at 09:28 PM.
ARSENALFAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #182 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Varza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
This shit is better than a romance novel according to my wife. Somebody said that to be unbiased, the boards should be returned to Never Summer. Can't say I disagree with the statement. That being said, if NS were giving good old ArsenalFan a free board, I wouldn't want to hear a comment like this. I think good old "Vince" should give forum members 20% off, that would allow me to buy my Cobra - yes, I have fallen for the hype. So I welcome the coupon code.... Look forward to the deals in my inbox.
Lollers! Anything to make their stuff available to the poor college brat that I am! Then I would see for myself how good their stuff is!
Varza is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #183 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nagano, Japan.
Posts: 2,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
So I welcome the coupon code.... Look forward to the deals in my inbox.
That would have been a good marketing tool and went down a lot better than the current disaster.
ETM is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #184 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 696
Default

Well I doubt anyone will care what some fucktard from the southeast would say on this forum but I'll say it anyway just because...

I'm a noob, I started riding last year on a 2012 Burton Clash. I picked things up pretty quickly because I was riding with others who were way more advanced than me, and I knew that I wanted to get another board for the start of the 2012/2013 season to advance my own riding further. I did a lot of research of different types of boards and a lot of that research was done through this website. I ultimately decided on a NS SL, which I have ridden all year. I had high expectations based on all the "hype" that most of you are talking about, and I can honestly say that the board delivered and then some. The difference between my Clash and the SL is night and day for me. That's not a knock on Burton, it's just my endorsement of SL. Not everyone has the financial ability or need for an entire quiver of several boards. I don't need an all-mountain or powder deck because I just don't have that much mountain to ride where I live. With that said, I wanted to buy the best quality board I could that would last me a long time. I read review after review of people who owned NS boards (besides those on the review team) who swore by NS's because of their dampness and durability, so I jumped on one. I will rep NS to others who are asking about board suggestions because that's what I know and that's what has worked for me.

It honestly seems to me like a lot of people on here are butthurt because they aren't getting in on the review team. For those of you so convinced that these reviews will be biased, why don't you just take the review with a grain of salt and move along? These reviews haven't even been written yet but many are still mad that the reviews will be biased. I don't get it
I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that wished I could have gotten to do something as cool as be part of a review team like this. But, the truth is, I have limited experience on a board. It would be pretty difficult to me to give an honest opinion of a board and compare it to others when I've only ridden a few boards and am not even a good enough rider to push a board to the limits needed for an honest, objective review. I would love to write a review for my SL, but unfortunately I don't think it would be beneficial to anyone as I can't articulate what is better about it than other boards. All I know is it is enjoyable as hell to ride and I like how responsive it is. If that makes me biased then so be it. In defense of the riders on the review team who are active on this site, I have yet to see them trash a non-NS brand and promote only NS. I don't see it happening and if by some crazy chance that it does, that's when people have the right to complain.

The truth is I'm looking forward to reading these reviews. As a ice coast guy, I don't get to ride a lot of big mountains. Most people gravitate towards park here in the southeast because that's all we have to do. I'm looking forward to reading Extremo's reviews on the Evo to see if it's the board for me. Until I've been given a reason to doubt the review teams objectiveness, I'm going read and trust their reviews. If you don't happen to believe these guys reviews are unbiased, then I suggest you just skip the review and check out some other boards.


(and I second ArsenalFan's suggestion for some NS coupon love...)
backstop13 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #185 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,712
Blog Entries: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
That would have been a good marketing tool and went down a lot better than the current disaster.
Disaster? Really? Because a couple of people are claiming bias without anything to go on except the fact that people say good things about NS?

This is about a half-bag-of-popcorn sideshow.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #186 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,051
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Never Summer's...what's the story??

Wow, what a read. This will be my first time on a NeverSummer board. I've ridden other boards with the rocker + camber profile though. I wasn't approached by NeverSummer, I was approached by my friend Scott, you all know him as Snowolf, and asked if I wanted to be a part of this. I've never had an opportunity like this before, so you bet I wasn't going to pass it up. I get to be objective in my review, and say what I want. I also get to provide my thoughts and feedback to NeverSummer. That part of it is what I found to be the coolest aspect of this whole thing.

I really hope that someone somewhere reads whatever I end up writing and then thinks, "that was really helpful to me" . As others have stated, if other companies were to do the same thing as NeverSummer is doing, I'd be all for it, and more than willing to help out. :-D And to the people who think we should have to return the boards, if that was how NeverSummer wanted to do it, I still would have been down to do it. They didn't want to do it that way though, and that was their choice. I'm not going to argue with them and demand they take it back. No one would.

On that note, I've been riding switch once a week on a slight directional board. I'm stoked to finally hop on a true twin and see just how much my switch riding truly has improved. :-D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #187 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nagano, Japan.
Posts: 2,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Disaster? Really? Because a couple of people are claiming bias without anything to go on except the fact that people say good things about NS?

This is about a half-bag-of-popcorn sideshow.
I guess it might be hard to see from inside the bubble but from outside it just looks like a click club thats getting boards for free and then theyre gonna tell us all how good they are. you might think theres only a few people laughing at this but theres only a few who are willing to post it on a forum where all the heavyweights are the ones who are benefiting from this. I guarentee it looks bad. Im just disappointed that the forum i love just took a major step into the murky world of cash for comment and theres no turning back.
ETM is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #188 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 7,045
Default

LOL @ this thread.

Here's what I see:

There's a handful of people butthurt that other people are getting free shit, but there's also a ton of butthurt from the "team" about any and all negative feedback coming their way.

As I see it, here's the reality:

It was a good idea by NS. Hook key people up with free shit to get design input and also get some online hype. That's smart from a design perspective and a marketing perspective. I'm not certain however that it was a good idea to let the cat out of the bag on it. Probably one of those programs that was best suited to be kept under wraps.

To the team members who refuse to accept that marketing had anything to do with the formation of this team... don't be dense. To the people butthurt that other people are getting free shit, guess what, that's life. Life isn't fair. Tons of people in all industries get hook ups. It's nothing new and it's not going to change. Get over it.

__________________
"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #189 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
It's not advertising, it's exposure. Neversummer isn't asking me to sell their boards. They're asking me to give them, and you, an honest opinion. I can't speak for the other design team members, but that is what I plan on doing.

I would have never stepped foot on a Never Summer board because they have never appealed to me. But now they're making a solid effort to develop their park/freestyle boards the same way they've done with their big mountain stuff. My plan is to ride the boards, figure out what they need to get rid of, what they need to keep, and what they need to add, and I'll share that with everyone. My opinion doesn't trump anyones. If someone's got something to add about a product I'm on, anyone is welcome to chime in.
The fact that Extremo is on the design team, is good enough for me. He has never, ever hyped or pushed NS. He's actually on the other side of most hype on this forum. Love for Union notwithstanding
jdang307 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #190 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Qball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mt. Hood, Oregon
Posts: 1,284
Default

Probably wasnt a good idea to make this whole thing so public. I know plenty of people who are testers for other companies and ride shit that wont be out for 2 years. They dont go around making it publicly known to everyone though. Its just not a good idea and this thread highlights exactly why.
Qball is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums