Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
RJ was pointing out that Lib Tech's logo is satanic.

Admittedly he is wrong though. Lib Tech's logo is a stick figure with a dunce cap.

So what these people were trying to do was to point out that you went to another brand, because another's rep was wearing anti religious attire, yet the brand you went to has religiously questionable logos. Though he was wrong about the logo.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Mervin, parent company of Lib Tech

• Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
um...no actually, I don't get it.

If a rep at a demo wearing an anti-religious shirt is "representing his company" then wouldn't an other company's anti-religious logo also be representing the other company even moreso because it was actually approved as the freaking company logo?!
Its not about the actual anti religious part of it. I am not religious. It's was just a bad image for the company, for a guy to be displaying stuff like that. Just like I feel its in-appropriate to wear a shirt that says "F$%K OFF" to Disneyland. --like I said my opinion.

But a star and an animal that looks like a poodle to me is not outright offensive. If you believe in Satan and find it offensive, then don't buy a Lib tech---but you don't see, (or at least I haven't) seen Mervin employees damning all christians because of their logo. They don't go around wearing shirts with offensive sayings on them while representing their company (maybe they do, but I haven't seen it)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Never Summer's...what's the story??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Mervin, parent company of Lib Tech

Oh yea, forgot about that logo that is one every lib tech and GNU board lol.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
Its not about the actual anti religious part of it. I am not religious. It's was just a bad image for the company, for a guy to be displaying stuff like that. Just like I feel its not appropriate to wear a shirt that says "F$%K OFF" to Disneyland. --like I said my opinion.

But a star and an animal that looks like a poodle to me is not outright offensive. If you believe in Satan and find it offensive, then don't buy a Lib tech---but you don't see, (or at least I haven't) seen Mervin employees damning all christians because of their logo. They don't go around wearing shirts with offensive sayings on them while representing their company (maybe they do, but I haven't seen it)
Out of curiosity, do you remember what the shirt said?
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #35 (permalink)

So, I get the impression this is a continually talked about touchy subject?? I'm new to the forum and didn't know, but I am actually glad I asked the question. I think I get it now. There have been some valid points made here I think. Hopefully other newbies looking into NS will check out this post too, just so they can make an educated purchase.

I got an Infinity a few weeks ago based almost solely on the information found on this forum. I still haven't decided if its all that or not. It could be. Someone above pointed out that this forum only represents a small percentage of riders out there and that those people are naturally going to talk up the things they love. I think this might be the crux of it all. When the average Joe goes online looking to see what peoples general views of boards are, they end up here...at least I did. And I assumed that everybody had to love NS because everyone on this forum did. When in reality there really isn't a lot of hype (good or bad) outside this forum over NS boards, at least that I could find. So, do I think this forum represents how the majority of boarders feel about NS? I don't think so. But do I think that this forum does represent how some really well informed and experienced guys honestly feel about NS? I think so.

I don't have any problems AT ALL with people loving stuff and saying so. Please do! And, I have to agree that within all the NS love here, I can't say I've heard any hate thrown out about other boards, brands etc.

It is unfortunate that so much back and forth goes on that doesn't really have anything to do with the actual function of the boards though. That kind of stuff shouldn't persuade buyers one way OR the other, but unfortunately, it does.

So far, all I have realized with my Infinity is that I have to fundamentally change the way I ride on it. Which, IMO isn't the worst thing since I'm a sloppy rider that could really use some improved technique. I guess I'll decide whether Im a NS lover or hater after a few more days of riding.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Simple answer you give some key people free stuff and suddenly everyone starts to jump on the train.
Isn't that how you make your living? Echelon ads on Angrysnowboarder and 3 of their boards end up on your 2013 best board list?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Oh yea, forgot about that logo that is one every lib tech and GNU board lol.

My Hot Knife doesn't have a Mervin logo anywhere on it. But is does have a sexy profile of a female dominatrix!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not about the actual anti religious part of it. I am not religious. It's was just a bad image for the company, for a guy to be displaying stuff like that. Just like I feel its in-appropriate to wear a shirt that says "F$%K OFF" to Disneyland. --like I said my opinion.

What did the shirt say?

Also, personally I wouldn't care about any of that. The demo guys religious views (or the companies religious views) wouldn't make the slightest difference to my buying decision. All I would be interested in is weather I'm getting decent value for money...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
My Hot Knife doesn't have a Mervin logo anywhere on it. But is does have a sexy profile of a female dominatrix!
Its usually a sticker that comes on the board. You probably took it off unknowingly.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauba View Post
So, I get the impression this is a continually talked about touchy subject?? I'm new to the forum and didn't know, but I am actually glad I asked the question. I think I get it now. There have been some valid points made here I think. Hopefully other newbies looking into NS will check out this post too, just so they can make an educated purchase.

I got an Infinity a few weeks ago based almost solely on the information found on this forum. I still haven't decided if its all that or not. It could be. Someone above pointed out that this forum only represents a small percentage of riders out there and that those people are naturally going to talk up the things they love. I think this might be the crux of it all. When the average Joe goes online looking to see what peoples general views of boards are, they end up here...at least I did. And I assumed that everybody had to love NS because everyone on this forum did. When in reality there really isn't a lot of hype (good or bad) outside this forum over NS boards, at least that I could find. So, do I think this forum represents how the majority of boarders feel about NS? I don't think so. But do I think that this forum does represent how some really well informed and experienced guys honestly feel about NS? I think so.

I don't have any problems AT ALL with people loving stuff and saying so. Please do! And, I have to agree that within all the NS love here, I can't say I've heard any hate thrown out about other boards, brands etc.

It is unfortunate that so much back and forth goes on that doesn't really have anything to do with the actual function of the boards though. That kind of stuff shouldn't persuade buyers one way OR the other, but unfortunately, it does.

So far, all I have realized with my Infinity is that I have to fundamentally change the way I ride on it. Which, IMO isn't the worst thing since I'm a sloppy rider that could really use some improved technique. I guess I'll decide whether Im a NS lover or hater after a few more days of riding.
Well since you already own one you should do a review. Being new to the RC hybrid profile myself I'd like to hear if we share a similar experience. It'll be valuable for others coming here to hear your experiences as well. Def keep us posted.
Closed Thread