Never Summer's...what's the story?? - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
I'm fairly new to the forum as well, but I think to be totally fair I've noticed people getting a lot of great brand suggestions on most of the "What board should I get posts." Sure, NS has a big presence here, but I don't think I've come across many (if any) posts where a person asking for advice did not get a fairly wide range of boards. I've also noticed the ladies seem to steer people in a different direction with a lot of Roxy love, some Rossignol, and a little Rome. I've also noticed in suggestion posts that people make note of the fact that the NS profile is not for everyone.
I agree completely.

Not being confrontational, but seriously curious.....Did I say something in the post you quoted that made you think differently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #52 (permalink)

NS is a great American Company and they make great boards if you like dampness and durability. I think the RC is just OK though, not a big fan actually. My last two NS boards are both Heritages, one a traditional camber from 2007 and the other a RC version circa 2010 I think. I like the RC version in Powder but that is about it. For groomers its just not stable enough for my liking and doesn't "hook up" and carve like I am use to since I started riding many many moons ago. I found myself going back to the camber Heritage unless it was dumping the last two years.

So.....

This year I picked up a BSOD and I love it. Not sure if its b/c I have ridden NS exclusively 6 years or so but it is so nice to be back on a lively and not too damp board. Yeah, the BSOD gets bucked around in chop but its so damn fun to ride and fooking carves down the hill like an addict looking for a fix. Total one track mind and that is to just fkin point it and hold on. I love it. It made me realize that unless I need float for powder I do not like rocker between my feet at all, the BSOD has camber just past inserts where it then goes basically flat until the FK at the tips.....great set up for my preferred style of riding.

It also has lots more pop compared the NS boards, is lighter, and has a faster base imo. So I haven't touched my NS boards the whole year since I got the BSOD and probably won't. They may be for sale soon unless I keep the RC version for Pow days.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one so my advice it to take all (including mine) with a grain of salt and decide for yourself which boards you like. Ride as many as you can and if you were like me and were stuck on a particular brand for years switch it up, sometime the grass is greener.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Not that I care either way but it's there. I just took this screen shot.

Again though, whatever. I trust him if he says something is good or not.
yea that's weird, i dont see any ads on the right side of the page in my browser. i just see the big on up top.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #54 (permalink)

wow i just ordered my new board yesterday 163cm never summer cobra x, didn't realize sbf is a never summer heaven lol

i was going to get a custom x 162cm after demoing it like last week, but then choose on this one

lol i don't really know why, but I read so many positive reviews on never summer's R&C profile, and no not on this site just on the internet. and custom x was 650 and regular camber and cobra x was 50 dollars less so I went with NS, also lurking the internet for NS boards, you won't hear anything bad about'em
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Never Summer's...what's the story??

Well, one stipulation about receiving free boards to keep and review...

NS emphasizes we provide genuine feedback. They have already proven that they listen to critique.

And from what I recall, NS was already well hyped on these forums before they started giving out boards to review to existing members here.

Sure, getting a product for free might cause a person to be biased. I can only speak for myself here...

I can't emphasize enough that I have ample opportunity to get free boards or at least at a deep discount. I genuinely love NS boards. Just so happens its hyped here and now I'm a part of it. I don't care though. It's not like I'm going into threads about other boards and recommending NS's line without merit.

Besides, what about other riders who pay for NS boards? Wouldn't there be a backlash of how the boards don't live up to the hype if they weren't good?

But I guess no one is really arguing whether or not they are good boards. Just about hype...

Yup, NS is hyped here. It's been that way long before the reviewers.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauba View Post
I agree completely.

Not being confrontational, but seriously curious.....Did I say something in the post you quoted that made you think differently?
No, it was more of a response to the original post, but I was being lazy and it made it unclear. Also, in a perfect world we'd obviously demo every board under the sun so I applaud you for actually taking the time to try a lot of different stuff out. Out of curiosity, from the boards you did demo, do you feel like you might have actually preferred any of them over your current NS deck?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
No, it was more of a response to the original post, but I was being lazy and it made it unclear. Also, in a perfect world we'd obviously demo every board under the sun so I applaud you for actually taking the time to try a lot of different stuff out. Out of curiosity, from the boards you did demo, do you feel like you might have actually preferred any of them over your current NS deck?
Yes and No. It depends on the terrain, the snow conditions and how much I want to concentrate on what Im doing. I've realized over the last 8 years of riding strictly camber, that I have some bad riding habits. For instance, I need to keep more weight on my front foot when going from toe to heel, allowing the board to come around on its own rather than 'kicking' it around with my back foot. There are a few of those and honestly, I think my habits and the hybrid profiles don't mesh real well.

I demo'd an K2 Eco Lite and I love it so much I bought one even though I had just gotten the Infinity. The Eco Lite is a flat freeride board with some rocker at the nose and tail. The men's equiv is called the Turbo Dream I believe. Its so forgiving and stable on flats, jumps etc and its amazing in powder. But, IMO its pretty sketchy at high speeds, and skatey on hard pack or ice. It seems like it allows me to ride sloppy though. So its easy. Hence, I like it.

Of all the hybrid decks I tried (and there was a variety of both mens and womens), I think I do like the NS the best. When I concentrate on what Im doing, I think the NS has good stability and edge control. It seems to handle a wide range of terrain and snow conditions well too. I tend to think that I am the only thing wrong with the NS, but I haven't ridden it enough to know for sure because I tend to grab the K2 because its so much easier.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauba View Post
Yes and No. It depends on the terrain, the snow conditions and how much I want to concentrate on what Im doing. I've realized over the last 8 years of riding strictly camber, that I have some bad riding habits. For instance, I need to keep more weight on my front foot when going from toe to heel, allowing the board to come around on its own rather than 'kicking' it around with my back foot. There are a few of those and honestly, I think my habits and the hybrid profiles don't mesh real well.

I demo'd an K2 Eco Lite and I love it so much I bought one even though I had just gotten the Infinity. The Eco Lite is a flat freeride board with some rocker at the nose and tail. The men's equiv is called the Turbo Dream I believe. Its so forgiving and stable on flats, jumps etc and its amazing in powder. But, IMO its pretty sketchy at high speeds, and skatey on hard pack or ice. It seems like it allows me to ride sloppy though. So its easy. Hence, I like it.

Of all the hybrid decks I tried (and there was a variety of both mens and womens), I think I do like the NS the best. When I concentrate on what Im doing, I think the NS has good stability and edge control. It seems to handle a wide range of terrain and snow conditions well too. I tend to think that I am the only thing wrong with the NS, but I haven't ridden it enough to know for sure because I tend to grab the K2 because its so much easier.
What other women's boards did you demo? (I'm just curious, got a new board this year and couldn't actually go anywhere to demo. Wish I could have! Although I really like the board I got so far. But I like reading direct comparison reviews of the boards I was considering).
Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Isn't that how you make your living? Echelon ads on Angrysnowboarder and 3 of their boards end up on your 2013 best board list?
Seeing as that ad deal was signed after the 1st of the year 2013 that's interesting. Plus where's the Yes, Flow, and Arbor ads?

Come on you weak minded fucktard get a new line to try and troll me.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #60 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Yeah, I'm not disputing whether they're good or not. I'm just pointing out that if you introduce people to a product and they like it, they'll hype it.
If you give people free product they'll hype it too. Just sayin.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Closed Thread