What should I do?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
con3593

Default What should I do?!

Ok I have the choice of either getting a Rome Flag now for cheap, or I can wait until the 08/09 season and buy the lib tech skate banana, which should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
con3593

yeah like, i usually am a powder junkie, but I'm gonna start hitting the terrain park soon, so I need a true all mountain board. the flag is like $150-200 cheaper but The skate banana is better
Old 07-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
ElDanio

Quote:
Originally Posted by con3593 View Post
yeah like, i usually am a powder junkie, but I'm gonna start hitting the terrain park soon, so I need a true all mountain board. the flag is like $150-200 cheaper but The skate banana is better
I was skeptical at first about the edge hold of the skate banana due to the reversed camber. I was thinking to myself: "Hey, that's old tech! There's a reason why it disappeared." None the less, I had to try it. Well, I learned I was wrong... very wrong. It rides great in all conditions and the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. The camber centralizes the pressure of the edge against the snow between your legs, not underneath you feet. Therefore, if you put too much weight on your back foot through a turn (you can't be smooth all the time), the pressure will be distributed to the middle of the board rather than on one small point at it's tail end, making it harder to slip out. It's obviously also catch free. For powder riding, since the board curves upward, it glides over snow like I glided over your mother last night (nvm, I plowed through her like a bulldozer). Jokes! But Snowolf is right, it does take some getting used to. It's well worth the extra cash, especially if you want to start freestyle because it's even better in the terrain park (the flag is not really a freestyle board).
Old 07-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

I guess it's all about personal opinions, personally I love Rome, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands into one of those fancy banana board .

Save your money and get the banana board from Rome, I am sure that board is going to kick ass.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
ElDanio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
I guess it's all about personal opinions, personally I love Rome, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands into one of those fancy banana board .

Save your money and get the banana board from Rome, I am sure that board is going to kick ass.
Hey! I never said Rome was anything short of amazing, but that damn banana board took me by surprise. It's true that everyone is going to be "copying" it next year. Then again, Lib Tech didn't invent it either. They made a lot of money off the skate banana, so I give them props.

Last edited by ElDanio; 07-04-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDanio View Post
Hey! I never said Rome was anything short of amazing, but that damn banana board took me by surprise. It's true that everyone is going to be "copying" it next year. Then again, Lib Tech didn't invent it either. They made a lot of money off the skate banana, so I give them props.
anyone have pics of the rome's banana board? which one? the artifact?
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

ElDanio funny thing the message I posted was not directed at you at all , I was just stating a point for con as to what I would do if I was him.

squishydonut Nope, we just know its coming out and yes the artifact.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
con3593

The rome board wont have the magnetraction like the skate banana, and there arent any pics out y et, because it hasnt been finished yet, the design still hasn't been decided
Old 07-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doesnt magnetraction only make a difference on ice?
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
con3593

I live on the east coast...It makes a difference for me