Looking for interesting tech. may have found it with Head. What do you think? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for interesting tech. may have found it with Head. What do you think?

Hey everyone. I am in the market for a new board. I currently ride my Ride Highlife with rome targas, bataleon evil twin with flux sf45s and my Nidecker Ultralight with Now IPOs. Boots for all are ride insanos. Now im not sure what im looking for other than another unique board.

Anyway I have been searching for something that sparks my interest for the last few days and have stumbled upon the Head AK SC I. and the Head. Force I. KERS. I noticed the force has Kers and the AK SC I. does not list it. Wondering if anyone knows how they compare. Im an electrician so i find the idea that there is a microchip in the board that collects kinetic energy and releases electricity into ths fibers to stiffen them while adding pop amazing. I read it was tKen from F1 racers and helicopter blades. Anyway what do you guys think?
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude did you type this on a mobile phone? I'm having a hard time reading your post the punctuation is all over the fucking place. Also Now IPOs are more of a park binding arn't they? Combining that with an Ultralight strikes me as odd.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
Dude did you type this on a mobile phone? I'm having a hard time reading your post the punctuation is all over the fucking place. Also Now IPOs are more of a park binding arn't they? Combining that with an Ultralight strikes me as odd.
Way to undermine your credibility there, pal.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Way to undermine your credibility there, pal.
I asked a question, I didn't make a statement. It has a really low high back, and it can function without a high back at all. Also, it has removable bushings plus the hinge mechanism. All of this screams park riding to me. Just because you can ride it on a different board doesn't change that. If that's not your point what the fuck are you going on about? I forgot a comma after "Also"? His post has random periods, capitalizations, and structure errors.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I asked a question, I didn't make a statement. It has a really low high back, and it can function without a high back at all. Also, it has removable bushings plus the hinge mechanism. All of this screams park riding to me. Just because you can ride it on a different board doesn't change that. If that's not your point what the fuck are you going on about? I forgot a comma after "Also"? His post has random periods, capitalizations, and structure errors.
None of low/no highback, bushings, and especially the kingpin are in any way park specific.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
None of low/no highback, bushings, and especially the kingpin are in any way park specific.
How many zero high back bindings are marketed for all mountain riding? See AS below. Okay so it's all mountain capable. But it definitely is geared toward having some perks for park riding. I also didn't say "omg it's only for park riding." Work on your reading comprehension and get off my dick.

Rider in Mind: All mountain guy that’s going from the peak to the park and then some. Or a jib kid that wants ankle flex for going through kinked rails.

http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/2013...-and-reviewed/

Last edited by NoOtherOptions; 01-30-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A. NOW's are capable everywhere. That's part of what makes them awesome.

B. OP, this tech is very gimmicky. I think someone tried this on skis some years ago, and it failed. It wasn't reactive right and just fucked with your turn initiation and whatnot.

If you want to drop for something techy grab yoself a Nitro Ultimate with a full Koroyd core.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually yes I did use my phone. Although when I re-read it it didnt seem that bad.

Hey everyone, I am in the market for a new board. I currently ride my "Ride: Highlife" with "Rome: Targas", "Bataleon: Evil twin" with "Flux SF45's" and my "Nidecker: Ultralight" with "Now IPO's". The boots I used for all of my setups are my "Ride: Insanos". Now, I'm not sure what im looking for other than another unique board.
Anyway, I have been searching for a new board to spark my interest over the last few days and have stumbled upon the "Head: AK SC I." and the "Head: Force I. KERS." I noticed the "Head: Force" has "Kers" and the "AK SC I." does not list it. Wondering if anyone knows how they compare. Im an electrician so I find the idea that there is a microchip in the board that collects kinetic energy and releases electricity into ths fibers to stiffen them while adding pop amazing. I read it was taken from F1 racers and helicopter blades. Anyway what do you guys think?

Hopefully you can understand it in this format.

Anyway, I could care less if they were geared towards park pipe freeriding or anything else. My now bindings function 10 times better than any other binding I have tried. I would suggest them to anyone doing anything. Again that is my opinion and it will not change. Also the low highback literally means nothing in my opinion. They changed the binding in a way that you have a very thick heel hoop that acts like the highback. Thats why most people take the highbacks off. That was one of their big marketing points if I remember correctly while I was going through the specs.

Nivek, curious how you know the tech is gimmicky. Have you personally ridden these boards? I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems the tech has been improving every year so I am curious where you got your opinion?
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It was a friend who was a ski racer trying the tech. Basically it cant react fast enough to the conditions at the speeds at which it will be useful. K2 also did the whold soaking up static thing in Skis in the early 90's. They arent playing with it now cause it doesnt have a big enough effect. On top of that, tech like this only decreases the effective life of a board.

In short, the problem wasnt the tech, it was the concept.

Now Koroyd. Its the first aramid construction to be designed in cooperation with a snowboard company, Nitro. When I first heard of it last year I googled it right away and the only references were to Nitro. Its a cicular honeycomb not built from cardboard and epoxy. The sonicly fuse plastic tubes together to create the matrix. One of the benefits of that technique is being tubes instead of hexagons like in Nomex you get consitent flex behavior in every direction. And using plastic instead of cardboard means the boards are damp AND lively. The Nitro Ultimate is a full Koroyd core. If you want something fancy and stupid expensive get that. Unless you want a straight pow board then look into one of the Eneavor offerings for 2014 or if a split, the Jones Ultracraft. Also this way you're giving money to more snowboard oriented brands.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote