Which board size? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
powLucy

Question Which board size?

Hi to all
I'm prety decided on getting a rome vinyl for this winter,but I'm not sure which size: the 143 or the 146. I'm 5ft3/110-113 pounds and have been riding a burton feather 143 for two seasons. I have taken it prety much everywhere on the mountain and it hasn't dissapointed me even in powder. I'm an intermediate rider and would like to develop more my freestyle skills: more jumping and boxes What would you advice me? I tend for the 143, but maybe the 146 would be better? help needed here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
GNAR

Smile

well for your height you have the right idea for getting a 143 or 146
I do a lot of freestyle/jibbing and i prefer a shorter board, i ride a 151 and im 5'11". So i would suggest you get the 143 since it's a little shorter and you've ridden a 143 before. If you liked that size then go for the 143.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

^^^^^ Dude sig is huge, use something a little smaller.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
powLucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNAR View Post
If you liked that size then go for the 143.
I do think that the 143 did more than ok so far My only concern is that the vinyl has slightly shorter running lenght than the feather of the same size. I was wondering if that would affect my riding outside the groomers and the park? I really like trees, natural bumps and small drops and wouldn't miss pow if there's any Thanks for the advice thogh,it was reassuring
Old 07-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNAR View Post
well for your height you have the right idea for getting a 143 or 146
I do a lot of freestyle/jibbing and i prefer a shorter board, i ride a 151 and im 5'11". So i would suggest you get the 143 since it's a little shorter and you've ridden a 143 before. If you liked that size then go for the 143.

Height of the rider has nothing to do with what board length you should be riding. The board doesn't care how tall you are, but will react to how much force you are putting on it. Never buy a board based on your height. If your in a shop and they ask you how tall you, either talk to someone else or leave. They don't have a clue.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
powLucy

Default height

I know that hight is not that important when choosing a board. My point is would there be much of a difference between a board lenght 143 and 146 for a girl like me that weighs 53kg/110-115 pounds and is a moderately agressive rider? anybody who rides the rome vinyl or knows a girl that rides the board in one of these sizes?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

HAHA Height HAHAHA thats classic. Some people are sedated in the 80's. Go with the 43 if you want to be more of a jibber in the park if you're looking for a do it all in the park bump up to the 46 it'll excell better in pipe and off jumps but still remain fine on jibs. Plus you'll do better around the mountain. Then again you're talking about this much extra length _____________________
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you might notice a difference in the first half of your first day, but you'll ge over it by lunch. Get the 143

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

I am actually stuck in the same dilemma with choose board size for the Rome Vinyl also. I don't want to hijack this thread, just a quick reassurance of which board size.
Either 146 or 149 for me.
I am 23, a beginner going intermediate rider, 5'7", 120lbs. The 146 weight range is (80-125) whereas the 149 is (90-140). I wasn't going to get a 149 before because I already have a 149 burton feelgood but I fear that I could easily put on weight and be too heavy for the 146.
I'd be mainly riding groomed runs and in the future hope to attempt some park.
Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

MPD, how do you know the OP is still growing? She says she wants her freestyle skills to grow, so why in the right minded world would you put someone on a longer, stiffer board?
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote