Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Which Never Summer deck is best for me? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/60649-never-summer-deck-best-me.html)

boarder22ab 01-30-2013 08:58 PM

Which Never Summer deck is best for me?

I was looking into possibly getting a Never Summer deck in the future. I mainly just freeride on groomers. I like going fast and doing some hard carves, but i also dont want soo much edge grip that i cant pull off some short fast carves on narrow runs that i need to slide out the tail a bit. I would like something that is somewhat stiff and damp but not something that cant handle sharper turns. No park for me, and i also dont really ever ride powder. Im 5'11" 165lbs and size 11 burton boots with shrinkage tech. Any suggestions on which NS board is right for me? Thanks all:)

linvillegorge 01-30-2013 09:53 PM

Heritage :thumbsup:

AssassinMonLV 01-31-2013 12:58 PM

^+1
Definitely the Heritage.

Mpjames 09 02-03-2013 09:33 PM

The Raptor is a nice board too. It's stiff but not over the top to where you can't feel what it's doing. You can't go wrong with either board. NS has a great rep and long warranties

Leo 02-03-2013 09:37 PM

I'd actually recommend the Cobra especially if you don't ride switch often.

It turns on a dime and is around a mid-stiff flex. Lots of pop and plenty damp. If you come into powder situations, it'll excel in that too.

I ride mainly groomers here on the ice coast. The Cobra is real fun to rail carves on.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Leo 02-03-2013 09:38 PM

Btw, I'd place you on a 155.

snowklinger 02-03-2013 11:05 PM

The Raptor and Cobra are both designed for powder though and I wouldn't suggest them for different reasons, even though Leo does have the advantage of riding everything :giggle:

I suggest the Heritage 155 as well, I'm sure a similarly sized Cobra would be fine too.

linvillegorge 02-03-2013 11:16 PM

I didn't care much for the Cobra on groomers. :dunno:

One of the reasons I went with the Proto.

Mysticfalcon 02-04-2013 05:55 AM

I don't either. I'm not really sure what it is about it that I dont like but it is just meh for groomer cruising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 672514)
I didn't care much for the Cobra on groomers. :dunno:

One of the reasons I went with the Proto.

Leo 02-04-2013 07:48 AM

I'm the opposite. I found the heritage to be boring on groomers. Super damp and pretty stiff. I will say I was riding a 162 @180lbs though.

OP also mentioned wanting a board that can handle tight radius turns. The Cobra beats the Heritage in agility hands down. I don't think I'd ever choose a Heritage over the Cobra for tree riding for that exact reason.

Groomers is what I mainly ride. Crappy conditions most of the time too. I thoroughly enjoy the Cobra on it.

But I completely agree about powder performance. I had a chance to ride it in about a foot of snow through trees. The Cobra was in its element.